PDA

View Full Version : New 'Playhouse Disney Live

Carol
03-13-2008, 07:35 AM
AN ALL-NEW 'PLAYHOUSE DISNEY LIVE ON STAGE!' SHOW WILL ENTERTAIN YOUNG FANS AT DISNEY'S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE

ANAHEIM, Calif. – March 14, 2008 – A whole new cast of friends from “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,” “Little Einsteins,” “Handy Manny” and more welcome children and their parents to the all-new “Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!” debuting March 14 at Disney’s California Adventure. An exciting combination of live performers, amazing puppetry, projections, moving scenery and marvelous special effects create a show where guests will clap, dance and sing along with some of the most popular characters in children’s television.

In addition to the bubbly, breezy effects, music fills the air as youngsters join the gang in singing along with the catchy tunes that make “Playhouse Disney” such a fun place on morning television. During the Year of a Million Dreams celebration at the Disneyland Resort, young guests at “Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!” will be immersed in the interactive magic as their “Playhouse Disney” pals create the best birthday party ever for Minnie Mouse.

The 23-minute stage show begins as Casey, the enthusiastic host of “Playhouse Disney,” and Mickey Mouse bring the guests to visit the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, where everyone helps prepare for Minnie Mouse’s birthday celebration. The gang shares tales of friendship and teamwork as they encounter their favorite characters from the popular television shows that are big hits with preschool audiences.

The stars of the entertaining new show at Disney’s California Adventure are characters from Disney Channel’s hit Playhouse Disney programming block:

• “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” – The ever popular Disney characters – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and the ever-silly Goofy – pop out in new life-like animated puppetry for young audiences at the show.

• “Little Einsteins” – Leo, Annie, Quincy and June use music—and the audience—to help their pal, Rocket, battle his friendly rival, Big Jet, in a high-speed rocket race to the finish line.

• “Handy Manny” – From his first Hola, Handy Manny and his handyman tools are front and center for yet another busy day of helping his friends. When the bubble-making machine conks out on stage, Handy Manny and his animated tools save the day.

"Playhouse Disney Live on Stage!" first premiered at Disney’s California Adventure in April 2003 and has been wildly successful ever since. New characters have been added over the years, but the show was completely revamped for this production. Hundreds of guests per show will be entertained by an all-new storyline presented with a skillful combination of live performers and puppetry. Performances will be presented several times daily in the park's Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

tennantsrwe
03-13-2008, 07:40 AM
:mickey::mickey: We're looking forward to seeing the new show out next trip. I know it was time for an update and am sure it will be wonderful. But we sure will miss Bear in the Big Blue House. He's a family fav!

BrerGnat
03-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Yay! It's open!!! The official Disneyland calendar didn't have it opening until the first week of April.

My boys are going to LOVE this show. They have both recently become obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Little Einsteins! Such good timing.

My youngest son is turning 2 tomorrow...I would LOVE to take him to DCA and see this show on his birthday, but he's sick. :ill: Maybe he'll be feeling better tomorrow.

BrerGnat
03-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Me and my younger DS caught this show today. It was AWESOME! So much better than the previous one (with the "who are they" characters).

My son just turned 2 and when he saw "Mickey and the Gang" up there dancing around, he was starstruck. :mickey: It was so cute...he loved the whole show.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: from us.