PDA

View Full Version : Value Resorts

dizzydisney
03-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I have always stayed at a moderate resort or off property when I have visited Disney in the past. This time we are planning the first family vacation and of course we are looking to save money wherever possible. I have read numerous reviews on the value resorts, and have to admit I am a little reluctant to try them. Are the beds really so uncomfortable that you can't sleep? Can you really hear everything your neighbors are doing? Do you really awaken every night to toliets flushing? Are you really so crammed in you can't move? I would like to try a value resort, because we would be able to stay longer than if we go to a moderate. However, we are not frequent visitors to the World and I just have fears about our dream vacation being ruined by no sleep and aches and pains. Oh, by the way we will be visiting in July. No way around it, my husband is a teacher - we have to go on school breaks!

DisneyCrazyET
03-12-2008, 07:03 PM
We stayed at POR a few times before our stay at PC. We usually travel in the summer.
PC was very nice. We had a room int he 50's section twice and then the 90's section top floor. The pool was close all three times. We did not find the rooms that much smaller aside from only one sink instead of two. We had four in the room two adults and two kids (15 AND 17). It worked fine for us. We had no problems with noise. We also had no problem sleeping. Maybe you should request a top floor to avoid that problem. The food court is good. The store is nice. The buses are more crowded than at the mods. Also the summer is always crowded. We just work around it.

julyjewel
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I went on my first Disney trip last summer with my family. We stayed at ALL Star Music. We were supposed to be in Jazz but arrived early. We ended up in Broadway. It was very nice and quiet. The rooms are a little small but it is a VALUE resort. Value resorts are really great if you want to spend your:thumbsup: time in the parks and only go there to sleep or take a nap.

The beds were fine too. I was even surprised that the pillows were comfortable. We also used the piano pool which is much quieter than the guitar pool.

Values are much better especially if you have kids but that is just my opinion. We are staying there again this June. Hope this helps.

Johnno52
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes to all your questions, however don't panic!
I have heard all those noises at my DVC.
Aches and pains? that comes with WDW doesn't it?
Values are quite comfortable if you want to save money on accommodation. Most people spend very little time in them. They have big pools for the kids and very good CS eating areas. I will take a value anytime for a longer stay. The Movies and Pop are favored by many families, my DW and I prefer Music as it appears to be quitter but not always. July will be busy at every resort. :thumbsup:

bruin1344
03-12-2008, 07:21 PM
Ive stayed at value, moderate, and delux. The value resorts are fine. The beds are comfortable even though they are doubles rather than queen. The rooms are tad smaller than a moderate. 4 should fit fine in there. The rooms are clean like moderate and delux. The rooms keep out most of the sounds. The values beat out most regular non-disney hotels throughout the country. The negatives i find about value resorts are not in the room itself. Its loud when you leave the room, especially around the pool and you have to take a bus everywhere rather than walk, boat, or monorail. The buses are filled with a lot of screaming children and usually there are huge lines for the bus when leaving the park, compared to moderate or delux. I would still stay at value if didnt have the opportunity to stay at delux or moderate

GrmGrninGost
03-12-2008, 07:31 PM
We have stayed at all the values, all the moderates and a few of the deluxe resorts. I can tell you right now, after a day in the parks running here and there, I can not tell a difference in a bed at the Poly or one at POP! They both feel good! As far as noise, we have had very little problem. If it's a concern, you might stay away from the pool areas. As for size, it is a value, so the rooms are a little smaller. But, no, my family of 4 has never felt crammed in. As a matter of fact, POP Century is one of our very favorite resorts! As far as July, we have enjoyed our trips this time of year! We go inside whenever we get too hot, use our mister fans outside and drink plenty of water. I think you'll have a great time! Enjoy! :mickey:

gardenia
03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I've only stayed at one value, All Star Music (Jazz). I don't care for the small size of the room, but it was perfectly comfortable and quiet. I've had noisier rooms at the Polynesian and the Boardwalk.

minnie2002
03-12-2008, 07:43 PM
We have stayed at the moderates, deluxe and value. Our kids actually prefer the pop century over the Wilderness Lodge. We are going in August and we asked our kids where they wanted to stay and they stated they wanted to stay at the Pop Century. We are going to stay at the Wilderness Lodge this time. Because we are going when they could have free dining and the bus situation at the values can be nightmare. Other then the bus transportation being crowded, the value is a great option. In some ways the buses are better at the Value resort compared to the moderates. The moderates make so many stops before heading to the parks. I also don't think you gain that much more magic staying at a Moderate.The rooms are bigger and that's the major difference. Our thinking is we either stay Deluxe if we can swing it or go for the Value. We have stayed at the CB and POR, and never saw that much of a difference between the two to pay the extra money. The themeing the kids enjoy more at the Values. I have never heard our neighbors and have slept fine. My mother came with us one time at Christmas and the Pop Century was sold out. She did complain about the noise late at night and didn't sleep much because of it. This time she is coming with us again and requested to stay at the Wilderness lodge thinking it would be less noisy. Because that was an issue for her. We were in the room next door and didn't see the problem. I hope I didn't go on and on. Just my two cents.

PetefromRI
03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
We've also stayed at all 3 types of resorts.Obviously the cheaper the resort the less in amenities but we found the Pop Century to be very nice.I bet it's a zoo during busy season but there are 3 very large pools,a decent foodcourt and very nice grounds.The toilets are pretty loud but it's really no big deal.I think that if your traveling with kids they will love it.The beds are doubles but no less comfortable than anywhere else and the rooms aren't that much smaller than the mods.Personally we love the mods for the value and amenities but we try to squeeze in a value resort for our short trips during value season.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 07:51 PM
I looooved our stay at ASMv... It was WONDERFUL. I too was apprehensive about staying in a value as our trip just 4 months prior had been to WL... I was afraid I was going to be super shocked and miserable. And I am so glad I was wrong! We never heard toilets flushing (except our own), never had noise issues except around 9am or so when everyone was getting going, but we had been up for over an hour then, so it didn't bother us. I was so stinkin pooped by the end of the day that the bed's comfort was perfect...lol I did bring my own pillow and didn't use one of theirs, but I do that everywhere. I can't sleep unless I have my own pillow. When we went, there were 4 of us--myself, my 3 year old DD, my best friend, and his fiance (they're also my DD's god parents and I have known them for almost 13 years so cramped quarters aren't an issue for us...lol). We had plenty of room for all my junk and all Meg's junk--we're girls, and we pack a lot...we can't help it! We spent a decent amount of time in the room and never felt cramped together. So coming off a stay at WL, and never having stayed at a value before, I was pleasently surprised at how nice the accomadations were and how great the whole trip went!

So don't worry, your fears are common fears, but I would definitely go for it. Plus the little ones love the bright colors and huge icons (we stayed at movies and stayed in Dalmation--DD was so excited everytime we walked by the huge Perdy and Pongo statues and seeing the little puppies on the side of the buildings and the dog bones in the sidewalks). Good luck and have fun whatever you do! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Donald
03-12-2008, 08:28 PM
We stayed at All Star Sports and other than the door rattling all night, debris falling on the roof, and water coming in under the door, it was fine. BTW, we were there during a hurricane!

The boys slept fine-I don't sleep during hurricanes (or tornados!).

But seriously, the values are a fine resort. I enjoy the theming! I love walking around to see all of the huge icons.

Have a great vacation!:mickey:

NJ Camper
03-12-2008, 08:31 PM
My first ? do you spend alot of time in your room ? i know when we are in disney we spend most of our time in the parks not in the room and when we do go to the room we are so tired or so hot that all we need is ac or sleep does the size of the room effect these ??????????

ljv1975
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
We just got back from our trip. We stayed at CSR for 5 nights. At the last minute we added a night to the end of our trip and decided to stay at Pop. Our room at Pop was clean and comfortable. Of course there are the obvious differences between a mod and value - double beds, no coffee maker, no refrigerator (unless you pay extra for one), etc. None of these things were really an issue for us. I did hear the family next door talking in the morning, but it was right around the time I was going to wake up anyway, so it was no big deal.
Honestly, we don't spend that much time at the room even with a 2 year old. We only used the pool at CSR once, so I think on our next trip we will be staying at Pop. It is much more economical which means a longer stay and more money for fun! Pop met all of our needs even if it was just for 1 night at the end of our trip. I'm glad we tried it out so that we'll know for next time!!

IloveDisney71
03-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I have stayed at the deluxe, moderate, and values. I've stayed at the values more. I do not mind the values at all. I didn't find the rooms to be that much smaller than the moderates but we do NOT spend any time in the room except to sleep and shower so the size doesn't matter to me. The only problem I had with the beds in the values is that they are doubles. I'm used to a king. I didn't find the beds to be uncomfortable. I would choose a value over a moderate or deluxe any day if it meant I could have a longer trip.

Love of Disney
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
we stayed at the ASSports and we liked it. The rooms are a bit smaller and the pools don't have waterslides, but they are comfortable. We had only 3 people in our room. This time we are staying at CSR because there are 4 of us plus a crib.

sainter
03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't have anything to add to what has already been said except that the beds are doubles at both the mods and values.

momof3+twins
03-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Go for it and try a value. I love them. We have stayed at CBR a few times but I like the values as much. Try Movies or Pop. I'd steer clear of Sports for sure. I really didn't like that resort.

Tink#64
03-12-2008, 11:43 PM
We've only stayed in values (4 times) and we've never had issues with noise or being cramped. There are 4 of us, but now oldest DS is bigger than me! Pop is our fav, we've stayed there 3 times & we're returning there this fall. At Pop we've always stayed in bldg #4, 60's section, in the back facing Hour Glass Lake and it's very quiet. We hardly even have foot traffic by our door. We've always been on the 2nd floor, not ground level for all traffic, but still low enough if we want to use the steps. To be honest, DH can be a whiner/complainer & we're REALLY never had a noise problem. Inside the rooms or out. We've always visited in May - I know this isn't the same as summer, & the only time I've really seen the main pool crowded & kinda loud was MD weekend in the afternoon. But my guess is that we'd have experienced that at most any Disney resort!

Unless you think the values are awful - they really aren't. We have no desire to spend the extra money for our room & pool, I'd rather have the extra $'s to spend somewhere else at Disney!

I hope you enjoy & that you aren't disappointed. :mickey:

Soul_Power
03-13-2008, 03:42 AM
I went to WDW for the first time last summer, and I stayed at POP Century. To be completely honest, I LOVED IT! I'm hoping to take another trip to WDW in December 2009 and will gladly book another room at POP.

I had no major complaints - the room was clean, Disney service is unbeatable of course and the grounds were clean as well! Yes, the room may be a little on the small side if there are more than two people staying in it, but cmon! You're at WDW! You don't spend thousands of dollars to stay in your room the whole time! And as tired as you are from being at the parks all day, you'll be grateful to lay in ANY bed at the end of the day! :sleepin: My boyfriend and I were so exhausted at the end of our park days that we slept just fine on each of our 7 nights at POP! The beds were just fine, I doubt you'll have anything to worry about. To answer your question about neighbor noise.. Yes, we heard the occasional toilet flush, but it really wasn't a big deal to us at all. After all, it's hard to let the little stuff get to you while on vacation at WDW! :mickey:

tennantsrwe
03-13-2008, 07:27 AM
HI!
We loooove the values! They are still a part of the Disney family of resorts, not like a Single Star Motel off the interstate. Great service, clean, comfy rooms. Honestly we looked at staying at FWL once and for the amount of extra $ it would cost us we were shocked. The rooms just weren't that different to us. We always go with the values, don't see that changing any time soon either. I think there are going to be bad and good experiences posted about every resort. I've heard not so great things about some of the mods and deluxes. It's just a personal opinion, but I wouldn't base my choice soley on that. Give one a try, I think you'll see it really is a great place to stay. Especially for the $. :mickey:

Von-Drake
03-13-2008, 07:42 AM
The time we stayed at POP we had no trouble at all. The worst was some parents letting children run along the balcony a lot, but that could happen anywhere. I agree with the poster that said after a long, fun day at the parks, could not tell a big difference in the room, nice to just relax.