PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge room choice

Disneymom4ever
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I am getting ready to reserve a standard room at WL, but I'm wondering- Has anyone stayed in a good room location? Are there any to avoid? I know it's standard so choices are limited, but just wondering if anyone had any good room choice recommendations. (Or ones to stay away from!). And yes, I know they're not guaranteed, but I'd like to request it anyhow. Thanks so much! :mickey:

pox24
03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
We have stayed in variety of them. They usually face the front or the side of thr hotel and even are the same as a woods view.On our first ever stay there we were located on the 4th floor overlooking the smoke house and service area, complete with retention pond and dumpster. At first look we said oh no, however when the sun set we had a gorgeous lit view of the Contemporary, monorail and could even see some of the MK fireworks. Plus the aroma each day was greta especially if you like BBQ. I wouldn't worry its a fabulous place to stay.

Chris_Esq
03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
We must have stayed in the same room as pox24 in September. We had a "standard" room overlooking the smokehouse and parking lot as well.

However, my boys (11 & 6) loved to watch the monorail run through the Contemporary. They could also see the boats in the channel traveling back and forth from MK.

Best of all, we had a great view of the fireworks from the balcony every night.

It was quiet, we were never disturbed by any outside noises from those areas.

If I had my choice, I would take the same room when we get back this Sept. (except we're staying at Poly).

Figaro0826
03-17-2008, 12:29 PM
We booked a standard room there for our trip in Sept 2007. They gave us a upgrade to a king first floor, which turns out to be a handicapped room. It faced a sidewalk, we were able to step out of our room and right onto the sidewalk just about 40 feet from the pool. The interesting thing was we got hit with rain twice and the ground covering in pine needles got a little flooded, we had 4 ducks and a brown bunny so close to us, like 5 feet away. One guy walked by and took a double take I said to him "We ordered the Wilderness package and boy did they deliver", he walked away laughing his head off.
It is our favorite resort, you can't beat it.

Epcot fan 421
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
We usually try to get a room in the main lobby area. It usually doesn't have the greatest of views but it's fun being close to the lobby, watching everyone below you, and hearing the crazy stuff going on in restaurant.