PDA

View Full Version : Night of Joy 2008 lineup announced

GrumpyFan
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
The 2008 Night of Joy lineup has been announced.

From Orlando Sentinel -
Disney has announced the lineup for its 2008 Night of Joy concerts, which will take place Sept. 5-6, for the first time at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Tickets go on sale Fri., March 14.

Walt Disney World Night of Joy 2008 will take place Sept. 5 and Sept. 6. With this year's event, we are beginning our second quarter century of bringing top contemporary Christian music to Central Florida.

For the first time, the event will take place at Disney's Hollywood Studios -- featuring new concert venues and thrill attractions. More than one million guests experienced Night of Joy from 1983 through 2007, a 25-year period during which the event was held in the Magic Kingdom.

A 16-act lineup (eight acts perform each night) is headed by 2007 Artist of the Year Chris Tomlin, 2007 Group of the Year Casting Crowns and 2007 New Artist of the Year Aaron Shust. Add 2004 Artist of the Year MercyMe, enduringly popular tobyMac and Rebecca St. James and 10 more national recording artists … and Night of Joy 2008 adds up to a “must-do” for fans of Christian music (my shameless little sales pitch).

Here’s the complete talent lineups for each evening:

Sept. 5 – Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, Rebecca St. James, BarlowGirl, Matthew West, Rush of Fools, Brandon Heath and Britt Nichole.

Sept. 6 – Casting Crowns, tobyMac, Fred Hammond, Marcos Witt, Mandisa, Aaron Shust, RED and Pure NRG.

The lineup represents a continuation of Night of Joy’s historic blend of musical talents – from Christian pop and rock to contemporary Gospel, Urban and hip-hop to Praise and Worship. Fully half of this year’s acts have won Dove Awards, Christian music’s highest honor.

Tickets go on sale March 14. One-night tickets purchased in advance are $44.95 (a $5 per ticket savings compared to tickets purchased on event days – if available). A money-saving two-night ticket is available in advance for $75.95.

It would be nice to know where the different acts are playing at DHS.

GrumpyFan
03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I just saw the front page of Intercot, where this is posted as a news item, linking to Night of Joy 2008 (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/nightofjoy.asp)

I don't hit the front page very often (obviously), I usually just come straight to the discsussions here, so I missed it.

Carol
03-12-2008, 05:28 PM
It would be nice to know where the different acts are playing at DHS.It's my understanding the concerts will be held at the various stages throughout the park such as the Backlot Theater and the Stunt Show arena.

AirlineGuy07
03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
If anyone will be in Disney on those dates don't miss going to see Casting Crowns. They are a great band. Mercy Me comes in a close second.