PDA

View Full Version : Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters

rjmdds
03-12-2008, 02:00 PM
What is everyone's opinion of the characters found here? I am planning our day at the AK and I am wondering if I am really going to find any unique characters at Camp Minnie-Mickey that I won't find anywhere else. I am a character angler like the rest of you and I want to know if this area would be a waste of time. So are there any "hard-to-finds" here?

like2workout
03-12-2008, 02:41 PM
the only characters i ever see at camp minnie/mickey are minnie, mickey, donald and goofy in safari outfits. i'm not sure if they change them up, but i've never seen anyone different there. i have better luck at the oasis right before you enter the gates of animal kingdom. they have a wider assortment of characters there and seem to change them up periodically. also rafiki's animal watch has jiminy cricket, pocahontas, and rafiki, and many people don't go over there so don't know they are there. i hope you find a lot of them!

Hayden's Dad
03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I have only seen Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy at Camp Minnie Mickey, but one of the CMs told me that Daisy was going to be there from 12:00 - 1:00 that particular day. I don't think they rotate very many characters in and out of there but it never hurts to ask.

Von-Drake
03-12-2008, 03:37 PM
My son was so upset last time we went there. He is so used to seeing Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, & Daisy all together since Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Playhouse Disney and we started to cry. We had to promise him we would find Daisy, so the rest of the day he was looking all over for Daisy. We finally found her at Mickey's Toon Town Fair in Magic Kingdom, whew what a relief for him and us.

Jozymouse
03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
In Feb 2008 we did see Daisy in AK and she was rotating with Donald. Other than that, I agree with like2workout...we had more luck with characters at the entrance of AK. We met Governor Ratcliffe which is pretty rare in Dec 2007, and we met Rafiki and Pocahontas in Feb 2008 + Mic, Min, Goofy and Donald.

like2workout
03-12-2008, 04:31 PM
jozymouse, i also finally met gov. ratcliffe in dec. 07! i had been looking for him for a while - several years! he was at the oasis.

joanna71985
03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
I believe Goofy is no longer at Camp, and has been replaced (I think by Daisy, but not positive).

Jozymouse
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
In mid Feb this year Goofy was still at Camp and Daisy was rotating with Donald. But we also saw Goofy throughout the day at the entrance of Dinoland (I beleive) along with Pluto. That might be why they would have removed him from Camp? Goofy was also at the entrance of AK along with Mickey, Minnie and Donald towards the end of the day.

Greenlawler
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
I saw Koda and Kenai there a couple of years ago where Donald usually is. I also saw on a web site that the Song of the South characters were there one day last year. I was going the next week but when I arrived none of the cm's remembered them being there so it may have been an error. I cannot remember the site but Joanna, I think has posted a link to it before. A guy who posts park updates and newsletters had it in his info.