PDA

View Full Version : Best snack values on DDP?

brewcrew26
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
What are the best values for snacks on the DDP?

Can you use your credit for something like a Turkey Leg in Frontierland or a Dole Whip in Adventureland? What are some really good finds around the world?

MickeyChick
03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
It's basically any snack under $4. We used a credit for a Dole Whip, I believe, and Mickey Bars.

You can tell what's eligible by the menu, if it has the little purple DDP logo or just ask a CM.

Figment!
03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
What are the best values for snacks on the DDP? Generally speaking, single serving side items and dessert items priced under $4.00 will count as a Snack Item on the Disney Dining Plan; thusly your best value will be items priced close to $4.00.

Can you use your credit for something like a Turkey Leg in Frontierland No, Turkey Legs are priced well above $4.00

or a Dole Whip in Adventureland? Yes.

tennantsrwe
03-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Believe it or not we really like the popcorn, espcially in MK. Granted it's not the most expensive item for your DDP snacks but it's always been really good. Any snack cart you go to will have the DDP emblem next to the snack items that are on the plan. Our DD got a big pretzel at AK once, other than that we stick with the normal things. Ice cream, popcorn, drinks. :mickey:

CrazyDisneyDad
03-12-2008, 03:28 PM
We would get a box of doughnuts from the gift shop at All-Star Music. Split the doughnuts with the group and save counter service meal for lunch and table service meal for dinner.

Disneyatic
03-12-2008, 03:42 PM
We would get a box of doughnuts from the gift shop at All-Star Music. Split the doughnuts with the group and save counter service meal for lunch and table service meal for dinner.
:mad:I read on another thread that they no longer allow the box of donuts as a snack credit. That stinks because my family did that too!

Figment!
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I read on another thread that they no longer allow the box of donuts as a snack credit.Correct, as noted above, Disney Dining Plan Snacks are currently only single serving items.

This change occurred as part of the 2008 Dining Plan changes.

TBY2225
03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
We always got the doughnuts too, and will miss that, but even the single service SC can feed more than one though! We share fruit cups, candy apples, chili cheese fries, onion rings at Flame Tree, desserts in WS at Epcot, Pretzels, popcorn, Egg rolls and fried rice at Anandupur in AK, the list goes on and on. Just look for the symbol and you might be surprised at all the different items you can get!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I decided to splurge and have a Dole Whip float as part of my snack credit. The best snack in my opinion.

jszczur5
03-15-2008, 12:07 AM
Correct, as noted above, Disney Dining Plan Snacks are currently only single serving items.

This change occurred as part of the 2008 Dining Plan changes.

Well then Disney has never seen my sons and a box of Entemen's donuts. A box is a single serving for an almost 6' tall - 13 year old boy.

Kairi_7378
03-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Our favorite snacks on the DDP are the Dole Whip float and root beer float from Aloha Isle in Adventureland, and the onion rings from Flame Tree BBQ. The pastry shops in Norway and France had some great looking things but I haven't eaten any... yet!

Jared
03-15-2008, 09:21 AM
When we bought the Disney Dining Plan, we generally used our snack credits on extra bottled water, but at the Magic Kingdom we splurged for an ice cream cookie sandwich at the Main Street Bakery. It's gigantic, sinfully delicious and costs less than $4.

:tasty:

McGoofy
03-18-2008, 03:55 AM
I think I got a terrific deal with a snack credit at the counter service side of Yak & Yeti. I was allowed to use one snack credit for a box of chicken fried rice. That filled me up, and I didn't need to use my counter service credit for lunch that day.