PDA

View Full Version : 8 Days 'til ADR time...

BMan62
03-12-2008, 10:23 AM
...and I'm not sure how to schedule the day/restaurant!

We are going Sept. 16 (Tues) - Sept. 23 (Tues. - leaving noontime)

Our selected restaurants:
Tony's Town Square
Wolfgang Puck Cafe
Spoodles
Spirit of Aloha (2TS)
Boma
Concourse Steakhouse/The Wave???
(Alternates: Tutto Italia & Yak& Yeti)

One night we will survive on CS! :D

I wanted to try to plan a couple of these around Wishes (Tony's Town Square,) Fantasmic!, and Illuminations (Spoodles) but I think I'm driving myself a little bit batty right now!

If we are sitting in Tony's, can we see SpectroMagic as it starts? Are there window seats?

I'm figuring Spirit of Aloha for one of the nights that there is no Wishes or SpectroMagic, but is that really a good idea?

Illuminations is always at 9pm, so Spoodles could be any night.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe, I would rather try on a week night so to avoid possible DTD crowds on the weekend.

Concourse/The Wave could be on any evening, but can you see Wishes from where The Wave is going to be? That could determine timing.

After all that - here's what I would like to try:

Tues. 9/16 - Spoodles 6pm
Wed. 9/17 - Concourse/The Wave 7:30pm
Thurs. 9/18 - Wolfgang Puck Cafe 6pm
Fri. 9/19 - Spirit of Aloha 8pm
Sat. 9/20 - Tony's Town Square 7:30pm
Sun. 9/21 - Boma 6pm
Mon. 9/22 - CS somewhere maybe OOP TS (buffet?)

Any thoughts?

Tygger7
03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Just a couple comments...

The Concourse Steak House will be closing the end of May, so you won't be able to eat there.

Also, based on feedback I've seen, maybe consider Hoop Dee Doo or one of the signature restaurants for a 2 TS meal. Everything I've heard has been more negative than positive on the Luau.

Good luck!

BMan62
03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks, Tygger7, we have done the Hoop Dee Doo :) and Backyard Bar-B-Que :ack: and figured we'd give the Spirit of Aloha a chance.

I understand about the Concourse Steakhouse, that's why I had put The Wave after it, kind of signifying that we're looking at whatever TS there is in the Contemporary at the time.

Sorry for the confusion.

gardenia
03-12-2008, 12:03 PM
The Wave won't be TS, it will be CS. California Grill will be the only TS at the Contemporary in September, and it's pretty pricey (requires a deposit too). Also, you cannot see any fireworks from the area where the Wave will be - you have to go outside to a viewing area on the north end of the Contemporary.

Maybe you could dine at the Kona Cafe or GF Cafe, which are pretty laid back, and then view the fireworks from the beach at the Poly or GF.

dizneeat
03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
The Wave won't be TS, it will be CS.

According to a CM I talked to last week, The Wave will definitely be a TS, replacing the Concourse Steakhouse. BUT it will not be in the spot where the Concourse Steakhouse used to be - it goes where the former CS used to be!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
We love Tony's and Wolfgang's. They are 2 of our favorites. The only other restaurant we've tried has been Spoodles. It was okay but we wouldn't eat there again.

Disneyatic
03-13-2008, 02:02 PM
I had the same idea about Tony's during Spectromagic! I asked the question awhile back and all of the responses that I got were that it wasn't a good idea because the patio wasn't guaranteed and visibility on the patio wasn't good because of the crowds vs. the level of the patio.

chick20679
03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
My guess is that the new restaurant at the CR would not be in a location that you'd be able to view the fireworks. I believe it will be either on too low of a floor and/or on the wrong side of the building. That's just a guess though, based on the setup of the hotel.

Maybe you should either plan on an earlier time, so you could get to a Wishes viewing location, or a just different location altogether. Just in case?

The rest of your choices sounds great.
Have a great trip, and good luck getting the ADR's you want! :mickey:

2Princesses4Us
03-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm one week from making my ADRs now! We go on September 17 through the 22.
:mickey:
I am JUST now making a list and going to decide tomorrow... my family just comes along for the ride!