PDA

View Full Version : Surfing Lessons @ TL

Tink2002
03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
My boyfriend, sister, and I are very intrigued by the surfing lessons offered at TL in the mornings before the park opens... we live in Maine where there are little itty bitty waves so it's something we've never been able to try! Has anybody done this? DId you think it was worth your $$$? Also, does anybody know how far in advance you can book?:thumbsup:

khkymanager
03-12-2008, 06:54 PM
My son who is twenty one and a decent surfer along the jersey shore took the lesson. He was a little bored with the lesson on the shore, but he loved the consistency of the waves. As a matter of fact he is trying to convince his girlfriend to take a lesson this summer so he can do it again. The instructors were great. They saw he was experienced and taylored the board he used. They were very attentive to the other students, some of which had never seen a wave let alone surfed on one. It is very expensive and very early in the mor ning, 6am. But the memories and the photos make it all worthwhile. Also i believe you can book it 180 day in advance and I think lessons are only given on Tuesdays and Thursdays

NJ Camper
03-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Sounds like fun how expensive are we talking????don't think i can convince DW but i would love to try

TFrauts
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I just looked it up!! Its $140 including tax!! You have to provide your own ride there, but Disney transportation is available afterwards!!

lockedoutlogic
03-15-2008, 03:45 PM
It was fun....but you have to be in good physical shape....my wife and I and our 29 year old bones at the time were a little achy the next day....

i mean....be able to withstand a decent jog, swim, or bikeride without being winded....

not for the surfing part....fighting the water to get out of the pool and lug a heavy foam board to the other end to be on time for the next sequence of waves....

but as long as you can withstand a little exertion....you'll be ok