PDA

View Full Version : Which world restaurant??

PixieMagic
03-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Okay - so we ALWAYS go to Epcot or the Poly for dinner...but it seems like we never venture away from our favorites, afraid of a dissapointing meal... So I am asking which Epcot World Pavillion Restaurant is your favorite and why??

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-12-2008, 01:04 AM
I have eaten at Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, Restaurant Marrakesh, Biergarten, Akershun and Cantina de San Angel. I wouldn't eat at Marrakesh again - very bland and Akershu - a lot of herring and other fishy fish.

My favorite is Biergarten. I love the food. There are a lot of choices and it's very good. The atmosphere is fun and the entertainment is excellent.

Chefs de France is also very good. I really like the lobster bisque. I can't eat there and not get it. Excellent desserts.

Rose and Crown was great. We sat outside and it was beautiful. The service was awesome. I had the cheese plate and it was delicious. My DH had their steak and really enjoyed it. It was huge and cooked exactly the way he wanted it.

San Angels food is so so but the atmosphere is very romantic. It really is the only reason to go. We always get a table right next to the water.

mrsgaribaldi
03-12-2008, 01:28 AM
One of our favorites is Rose & Crown. The last time we ate there we had the best meal and the worst meal together. I had the Roast Pork Loin and DH had pot roast. My meal was terrible and his was delicious. We gave mine back and shared his. It was out of this world. We are still going back in May:thumbsup:

AHOTE
03-12-2008, 01:52 AM
I used to get into the same rut, alway going to the same places over and over again. I changed that a few years back and I now make it a point to try at least two new restaurants on each trip.

I too like the Rose & Crown. I've never had a bad meal there. The stewed mushrooms were great as was the fish & chip, steak and beef pot pie. We had a great waiter named Andy, from Kent England, who was super. His wine & beer recommendations were right on the money. We even sent a letter to guest services about him. He's still there look him up.

If you like Chinese, Nine Dragons is good but they're scheduled for a rehab soon.

California Grill is top notch. The flat breads are very good. The pork tenderloin and the filet is fork tender. It's one of the places I do go to each time I'm there.:secret:

Le Cellier in Canada, San Angel Inn in Mexico. the Biergarten in Germany and Akershaus in Norway are all good choices too.

For a snack try the Viking coffee and a cloudberry horn at Kringla Og Bakery in Norway, that's one place I can never walk past without being pulled inside.

RAIDER
03-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Marrakesh is a unique one the food is great and th e atmosphere is brilliant

Le Cellier does great food but i believe its a tad overated

Nine Dragons is excellent value for money

poeticeclipse
03-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I had Le Cellier built up so much for my honeymoon last May that I was for sure that i'd walk out of there at least a little bit disappointed.

Nope... nope.... nope! It was just as amazing as I thought it would be. We walked in and were greeted by about 3 or 4 CMs and 2 of them gravitated towards us to talk to us about how our honeymoon is going and even took pictures of us together while we were waiting for our table (which was only about 5 minutes). Our waitress was fabulous. She really seemed like she wanted to make sure we loved everything we had. And we were on the DDP! The salmon was the best i've ever had (and i've had a lot of salmon). My husband about fell over when he tried his creme brulee. He loved it a lot and he doesn't get THAT excited often.

We aren't going back for our 1 year anniversary because we aren't doing the DDP and we're keeping this trip a little cheaper. BUT, we will be going back at some point.

SBETigg
03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
If you let fear of a bad experience stop you from trying, you'll miss out on so many great experiences.

We love:

San Angel Inn- mostly for the atmosphere, but we do enjoy the food.

Rose & Crown- again, mostly for the atmosphere but the food is always good and the Bangers and Mash was surprisingly excellent.

Teppanyaki- used to be a favorite for the fun interaction but we haven't tried it yet as Teppan Edo.

We like:

Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Chefs de France, and the Biergarten (a fun experience, though not my favorite food).

We haven't tried the others yet.

JerseyDad
03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
....we always make our plans such that we end our days at Epcot for dinner (except for the first night in WDW...which is spent at Downtown Disney shopping and dinner at Planet Hollywood)

The San Angel Inn has got to be one of our favorite restaurants. The food is good, the drinks and REALLY GOOD (order one of their margaritas with top shelf tequila...you will not be dissappointed!) The service has always been top notch....and the atmosphere cannot be beat. Did I mention the drinks?:marg: :)

Teppan Edo (formerly Teppanyaki) is another favorite of ours...and has never disappointed us in either quality of food...or in service. In fact...the past two years that we've gone to WDW and have eaten at Teppan Edo (and then Teppanyaki)...we had the SAME hibachi chef! (his name is Masa...and if you ever have him cook for you, you'll have a great meal and a great time!!)

We've tried the Rose & Crown, the food was okay...but, it's (as we see it) more of a pub atmosphere...which lends itself more to pub type dishes to accompany drinks....the cheese platter...is however...outstanding.

Having sampled MANY different countries "native dishes" at the Food & Wine Festival (the time of year we always go)...I'm also anxious to eat at Chefs de France, Biergarten, and Nine Dragons.

Crow
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I always eat at Epcot the most, but I have started trying others.
on my recent trips the best was Marrakesh & Tokyo Dining. Marrakesh was last yr 1 of my best meals
this trip Tokyo Dining was great! the rehab turned out good, the sushi & sake was good & service great.
Le Cellier is good, but if I dont eat there again I wont be upset.
Rose & Crown was good:beer: mushrooms good.
not the best otherwise.
Biergarten was filling. had entertainment & :beer:
Im looking forward to the Nine Dragons rehab
So right now Id say, Tokyo Dining & Marrakesh

Duchess99
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I really like San Angel Inn. I think the food its good, the drinks are great and the atmosphere is very unique.
Chefs de France is also very good.
Marrakesh has fun entertainment and the food is so so. I was a vegetarian when I went, so I wasn't impressed by my option.
I've also heard a lot of great things about Tokyo Dining.

I wouldn't be scared about having a bad meal...I've found that that's very difficult at hte TS restaurants in WDW. Take a look at the menus here on Intercot and find a place that suits your tastes and needs.

bruin1344
03-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Japan and Rose & Crown are my favorites. The other countries are great also. I havent tried Le Cellier yet but I will when I go in 8/08.

Natazu
03-13-2008, 03:19 AM
If you've restricted yourself to Epcot and the Poly, you only have about five great restaurants to choose from. The best dining at WDW by far is at other locations, mostly resorts like the Contemporary and Grand Floridian. I recommend branching out but if you don't want to, here are the five:
Le Cellier
Marrakesh
Coral Reef
Kona
'Ohana

PixieMagic
03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
The responses thus far have been awesome! I'm trying to plan a trip this fall and will be going DDP for sure. My husband and I both LOVE teppanyaki - when we went on our honeymoon we went there TWICE. LOVE IT. We also liked Rose and Crown a lot... I know I've tried germany, china, mexico, usa, coral reef, canada, and morroco.....unfortunately I was in elementary school and have absolutely no memory of them!! HA HA... If you have a restaurant to recommend.... Epcot or otherwise (although we ALWAYS stay at the Poly and eat often in Epcot) please make sure to mention dishes too... I like to find out what other people enjoy :o) keep up the posts though b/c it's really helping me convice the hubby... (I've been wanting to try France and Morocco for years!) THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!:number1: