PDA

View Full Version : How clean are the rooms?

Sparky0569
03-11-2008, 10:03 PM
We will be going in late May. The family and I toured some of the resorts last Aug. and I noticed that the grounds were very clean. We didn't get to see the rooms and were wondering how clean they were.

I have seen the news reports of house keeping just rinsing off the glasses in the room with windex and then putting them back like they were new and clean. Also have seen the reports of maids wiping the counters and utensiles with the same towel they just cleaned the toilet with. Keep in mind these hotels were not Disney hotels but different hotels in general.

My question is how good of a job does house keeping do and does anyone have any experiences where the rooms were not cleaned to their expectaions. What is Disney doing to help combat bed bugs etc....Any CM's that may have inside info, I would love to hear from.

We stayed off property last Aug. and I hated every minute of it, but I am pretty particular about hotels. I have high hopes for the WL.

NJ Camper
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't stayed in a room in disney in years but think of this they are a multi billion dollar operation with thousands of rooms we stay in the camp ground they are cheaper then the cheapest rooms and the restrooms are always clean and well kept if they do this at the cheapest do you think they would not keep up with the rest of the places by the way the camp is always spotless all over not just the restrooms but that just my view try others see what they say also

Mickey 101
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM
I can't comment on WL, but we've stayed at AKL a couple different times which is comparable, although newer. I have to say the rooms were spotlessly clean and we had one of the nicest CMs ever that was our 'Mousekeeper'. I guess you never know for sure about some of the issues you raised, but as far as I could tell, there was no problem.

PhilHarHarMagic
03-12-2008, 12:34 AM
While I'm not anywhere near someone like the Monk character on TV, I do notice how clean things are. I stay in hotels 20-30 nights a year and the WDW hotels are as clean as any I have seen - even the value resorts. We stayed at CBR one year and the carpets were still damp from the carpet cleaner. :mop:

It's my understanding they replace all bedding frequently and the beds are replaced on a more frequent basis than the chain hotels.

mrsgaribaldi
03-12-2008, 02:50 AM
We have stayed at alot of different resorts and have always found them to be very clean. We will never know about microscopic organsims living on the varies surfaces. ;) One bad thing is that we found a pill under a bed at one of the resorts. If you have little kids I would check all over the floor and under things for anything like that. I had called Disney to report finding the pill. For some family with kids that could mean death if a little one ate the wrong pill :(

Jonas_Swe
03-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Asd you can see in my signature we stayed at WL for 10 days. And the room was in perfect shape every single day when we came back from the parks. :mop:

One day we did our laundry at the hotel and couldn't dry everything in the machine, so we hung our clothes up outside the bathroom. The next day our Mousekeeper had folded our dry clothes and put them on the bed before she washed out our zinks and replaced the towels. That really shows how they take the time to do their job perfec every time. :laundry2::vacuum:

I also spilled some after sun lotion on the wood dresser one morning, tried to dry it off but I could clearly see some streaks left behind, eventhough the surface was dry. We had to run to catch the next boat to MK but I made a mental note to take care of it during our midday break. When we came back the housekeeper had already been to our room, and the streaks was gone and the dresser perfectly dusted off. Somethng that you sure would have missed if you didn't looked at the surface from a slight angle...!! :eek:

playdead88
03-12-2008, 06:09 AM
we have never had 1 issue with clean hotel rooms - they have all been spotless!

tennantsrwe
03-12-2008, 08:17 AM
:mickey: I think you will be very suprised at how clean EVERYTHING is in Disney. My husband's first trip in 2005 he was blown away at how clean and nice they keep everything from the rooms to the rides. We've never had an issue with the cleanliness at the values. And I'm sure the mods and deluxe are the same way. I wouldn't worry too much about the report you saw, I say it also. But I can honestly say I wouldn't expect that at Disney...they're pretty strict with their standards.

IloveDisney71
03-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I've stayed at the value, moderate, and deluxe and have never had any problems. The rooms always look great upon our return at the end of each day. I thought that was impressive. I've always found Disney resorts to be cleaner than an average hotel room.

Von-Drake
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Never had trouble at POP, Contemporary, Shades of Green, or even the one time at All Star Sports. I have had more trouble with hotels I have stayed at than I have ever had with Disney hotels. All the glasses were always clean and no problems.
:vacuum:

Lynn J Mc
03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Disney rooms are very clean. One lady cleaned up and organized all of our personal junk that was thrown around the room by our 3 year old niece. It was unreal. That being said, I take 8 ounce styrofoam cups to all hotels that I stay at. I have actually walked in on housekeeping and seen them rinsing the glasses in a sink at a very expensive hotel. So no more drinking from hotel glasses for me regardless of where I am.

divinedi
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
We've stayed at ASSports almost every time we've gone to Disney, and although they could use some refurbishing (paint etc.) they have always been clean.

Correct me if I'm wrong, don't they use the plastic throw away cups now?

buzznwoodysmom
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
We must just have bad luck, but the last two times we visited WDW our rooms weren't so clean. We had issues with housekeeping at both WL and CSR. CSR was more an issue with clean towels not being left, trash not being taken out and our beds not being made. WL was verging on disgusting. Beds not made, floor never vacumned, bathroom floor never mopped, sink not ever wiped down (unless we did it ourselves) and disgustlingly dirty glasses. These trips were in Feb. 2007 (WL) and Nov. 2007 (CSR). On all our previous trips our rooms had been spotless. I guess we just got poorly trained or lazy mousekeeperes these last two times.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
We have had WONDERFUL experiences with mousekeeping at ASMv and WL. ASMv far exceeded my expectations (I was quite fearful staying at a value after staying in a deluxe). They did an exceptional job cleaning, making sure we had plenty of clean towels (3 adults and my little munchkin), the floor was always clean, and beds always made (they always arranged my DD's dolls on the bed).

PinKy
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
If you're really nervous about your trip, I would check with the BBB and also check out Birnbaum's Guide - they do a comprehensive check of all the Disney hotels and give you a run-down of the quality/cleanliness etc, and when the mattesses were last replaced (Disney has some of the higest replacement rates in the industry - to keep up its reputation).

If you still aren't sure, you might consider staying with family or friends while you're in Orlando if that is an option for you?

Personally, we've been going for years and years and have never had any trouble......

Polynesian Dweller
03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Never a problem in the 17 years we've been going. Room is always spotless after mousekeeping is done.

#1donaldfan
03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
We've NEVER had a problem with mousekeeping...the rooms are definatley clean and very orderly........don't worry about that !!!!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
By the way...............

:pixie::pixie: Welcome to Intercot :pixie::pixie:

bruin1344
03-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Disney rooms are the cleanest compared to any other non-Disney resorts

GrmGrninGost
03-12-2008, 07:39 PM
I've spent many nights on property at WDW and never had a problem with cleanliness. Mousekeeping there is exceptional! I have been especially pleased with Wilderness Lodge! It is my favorite resort of all! I feel certain you will have a wonderful experience! Enjoy!! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I have found Disney resorts to be very clean except for CBR. Our room looked like it hadn't been vacuumed recently, during our stay (10 nights) the trash was never taken out, our sheets never changed and the towels from the floor were hung back up. We have never had any problems at any other Disney resort. CS, OKW and BC were great! Very clean and good housekeeping.

senderella
03-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I have stayed many times at the WDW resorts. We have never had a problem with cleanliness. The housekeepers really do go the extra mile to straighten up (especially with kids).
I have stayed at WL and it was very clean, not only in the rooms but every where else.
A good example for me at WL was the pool. The ducks like to hang out around the pool, but I never saw one feather in or around the pool, never any poop around the walkways. Nothing! They work hard to keep everything clean.

Enjoy your stay onsite...you will want to comeback.

SurferStitch
03-13-2008, 09:59 PM
We've had very clean rooms at the Grand Flo, Poly, CBR and Pop. Practically perfect in every way. :thumbsup:

Our rooms at POR were pretty gross both times we stayed there, so we have not, and will not return.

ASweetLov
03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I have stayed at Pop twice and the rooms are really clean. I havent had a problem with anything not being clean in Pop:mickey:

McGoofy
03-17-2008, 02:04 PM
I posted this very post a while back in another thread. I still stand by it, and I have stayed in many Disney resorts from values all the way to Deluxes (see signature.)

I have never had a bad experience with Mousekeeping not properly cleaning a room. I also have a unique situation in which one time my son's security blanket was accidentally gathered up in the linens by Mousekeeping. After we got home, I had much correspondence with the head of Mousekeeping, and he was so nice. Long story short, they were not able to find it by looking themselves, but he invited us to come look through their lost and found. On the day that we went back to do that, this same guy gave us a personal tour of Textile Services. He said he wanted to show us how that through the process of cleaning the linens, anything that is not linens would "filter" out and wind up in lost and found. This was absolutely amazing.

I still have the paperwork from the tour of the housekeeping plant. I am just going to type something word for word for you to read:

"The textile Services Housekeeping Plant processes the guest room linens for 21,000 Disney Hotel rooms, Resort pools, and three major water parks. This facility is an automated, high-volume laundry that utilizes continuous batch washers with an automated sorting and clean side monorail system. This plant processes 17,000 pounds of linen each hour and has an actual capacity of 82 million pounds of linen per year. In one week, over 25,000 slings of processed linen are guided throughout the 140,000 square foot facility on three miles of monorail track. Each day, over 180,000 towels, 70,000 wash cloths, 40,000 sheets and 63,000 pillowcases are sorted, cleaned, folded and assembled on metros which are linen room and housekeeper ready. Each week, this plant processes 400 miles of sheets. Tied together end to end, this would be enough to reach from our plant to Key West, Florida."

I saw first-hand the whole process of sorting, washing, folding (they even have this huge flat iron that irons/folds the sheets.), etc... I even saw them washing all of the bedspreads. That's a biggie for me. DH laughs at me because Disney hotels are the only hotels that I will sleep with the bedspread. At any other hotel, I am never sure how clean the bedspread is, so I don't use it. Anyway, after seeing all of that, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that the linens at Disney resorts are very clean!!

As for the final outcome of the room, that's up to how well Mousekeeping does. As I have said before, in our many stays we have never experienced any problems with a dirty room.

One final thing...one time after coming home, we received a post card saying that we had left something in our room. We didn't even know that we were missing anything. When we called about it, it was a charger for something that we had left plugged into one of the outlets. Mousekeeping that cleaned the morning that we left noticed what we had left behind, and they tracked us down.

I have nothing but good things to say about Mousekeeping!!

Oh, and in case anybody is wondering, yes, we did find the security blanket at lost and found! It had been industrialy washed, dried, and flat-ironed! I don't think it had ever been cleaner before or has been cleaner since!!