PDA

View Full Version : Erin and Katherine Conquer the World Pre-trip Report

TinkiTime1989
03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Erin and Katherine Conquer the World

Cast of Characters:

My Mom: Marla, 43- Looking forward to a break from the real world

Me: Erin, 18- college freshman, looking forward to a much needed break from school

BFF: Katherine, 18- we haven’t seen each other in about 3 years because she lives in Virginia now and I live in Georgia, this will be a much anticipated reunion as well as her first trip to WDW!

Hotel - Suites at OldTown, 3 room suite

The Trip
March 22-29, 2008
Mom and Katherine will have 6 day park hopper tickets and I will have an annual pass.

March 21: Katherine flies in to ATL at 2:30 p.m.

March 22: Depart Atlanta by car around 6:30 a.m. Check-in at the hotel, freshen up, and it’s time to shop. We’ll most likely go to the outlets for a traditional stop at Character Premiere followed by Wal-Mart for a few grocery items.

March 23: Easter Sunday and our first day in the parks. We really wanted to go to MK for Katherine’s first day, but are afraid it will be too busy so we’ll most likely go to AK or DHS.

March 24: Day 2 in the parks. Most likely MK.

March 25: Day 3 in the parks. Most likely starting the day at EPCOT, my favorite park. Perhaps ending the day back at MK for Wishes.

March 26: Day 4 in the parks. Most likely DHS in the morning and EPCOT in the afternoon/evening. Ending the day with Illuminations.

March 27: Day 5 in the parks. Open to go wherever we want to. Most likely ending the day at DHS with Fantasmic!

March 28: Day 6 in the parks. Open to do any repeats or missed attractions.

March 29: Drive back to Atlanta.

March 30: Katherine flies back to Virginia.

As usual, nothing for us is set in stone. We don’t really like being tied down to a certain schedule. Just like our last trip no ADRs have been made. We know it’s risky but we’ve never had a problem getting a walk-up anywhere on property, even during peak season, most likely because we’re extremely flexible and willing to eat at really weird times. The trip is basically just go-with-the-flow. Katherine is super excited about going to WDW for the first time and I can’t wait to see her reaction to everything. I know she will fall in love the way I did and I see many more trips together in our future. I can’t wait to ride the newly refurbished Spaceship Earth and Haunted Mansion which was closed when we were there last summer. Hopefully we’ll also be able to see Finding Nemo the Musical for the first time.

10 DAYS UNTIL KATHERINE ARRIVES SO WE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD! :mickey3:

//EDIT//
So much for our go-with-the-flow no ADR trip. We decided since our trip is Easter week we might need a few ADRs afterall. So I just called and here is what we got.

Sunday, March 23rd-- San Angel Inn Dinner
8:45 pm

Tuesday, March 25th-- Crystal Palace Dinner 9:05 pm

Wednesday, March 26th-- 50s Prime Time Cafe Lunch 3:20 pm

Friday, March 28th-- Garden Grill Lunch 3:00 pm

9 DAYS UNTIL KATHERINE ARRIVES SO WE CAN CONQUER THE WORLD! :mickey3:

wdwgrl377
03-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a great pre-trip report you've got there! I'm sure your BFF Katherine will fall in love with WDW like you!

I too, haven't had problems w/just walking up and getting a table service meal b/c I can eat at odd times too! Hope all goes fantastic for you three!!

Hope you all enjoy your stay & Conquering the Wolrd!!! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
WDW sounds like the perfect backdrop for you and Katherine to have your reunion. I hope you have a great time, and your mom too! :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Sounds like a plan. Have a GREAT time!!:mickey:

NJ Camper
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds great hope you have a wonderful time have fun and enjoy the magic of disney :mickey:

wilshade
03-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Your writing almost makes me want to come down there and watch you conquer the world!

I guess I will have to settle for reading about it though.

Have fun!

DizNee143
03-12-2008, 10:24 AM
hope you guys have a great time!!
i too dont like to really plan anything..its a vacation no need to have a how scehdule!!:mickey:

faline
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Have a wonderful time! What a great way to catch up with a friend you haven't seen in a while!

dolphinmickey9170
03-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I love catching up with friends!! Hope you have a fun, safe trip. You better tell us all about it when you get home. :mickey:

TinkiTime1989
03-12-2008, 05:29 PM
You better tell us all about it when you get home. :mickey:

I will definitely post a full report when I get home. I may do some live updates via my new blackberry as well!

RedSoxFan
03-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Have a Magical Time:mickey:

RedheadWriter
03-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Have a great trip!! :)