PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

MScholl13
03-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've been around, but I had a question and I knew my trusty group of Intercotees would be able to answer it for me.

My two friends and I are planning a mini-trip to WDW in October. We are planning on staying at Shades of Green since my husband is active-duty in the Army. When I look at the SOG website concerning tickets it's quoting me a $217.00 per person price for a 2 day ticket, but when I'm looking at the Disney site for tickets it's quoting me a much cheaper price. What is with the discrepency? Is there something I'm not catching or understanding?

Explanations please! :mickey:

faline
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I believe the Disney site does not initially include taxes in the calculation when showing you the rates.

faline
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Hmmm - are you looking at a 2 day or 3 day ticket? $217 sounds about right for a 3 day ticket.

MScholl13
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I was looking at the 2 day on both sites. SOG told me $217 and the Disney site told me I believe $184, which was without tax. Thus the confusion. :blush:

Marilyn Michetti
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
It still doesn't make sense. SOG prices are typically 10% less than gate. The site I checked gave a two day hopper, including tax, at $193.04, and SOG is listing at $219.00. Something's wrong - might just be a typo.:confused:

MScholl13
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
See...that was where my confusion was. I thought SOG tickets were going to be less because there was no tax included. I guess I need to call and see what exactly the price is.

I'm glad to see you commenting Marilyn. I know you've stayed at SOG a lot. I'm sure I'll have more questions about staying at SOG, in the near future. :mickey:

Pooh Fan
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I haven't gone directly to the site to check but is there any chance the SOG price includes the waterparks or no expiration options? This would definately bump the price up. Just a thought.

MScholl13
03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
I haven't gone directly to the site to check but is there any chance the SOG price includes the waterparks or no expiration options? This would definately bump the price up. Just a thought.

Good call! The main ticket page on the website is for the Stars and Stripes ticket option, which I believe does include the water parks. They had a link for "regular Disney tickets" too. For a park-hopper 2 day ticket it was $190.00. I can't believe I didn't notice the link before. :blush: