PDA

View Full Version : How much do you spend on food?

PirateGirl01
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Okay so I have been trying to analyze how much money to take for food and it is just giving me a headache!! It will be me DH, and DS 6 that will be traveling. My parents are also going along with us and are paying for my DS. Question is how much money should me and DH take to eat on? We will be there for 10 days but DH will only be with us for 5 days.

The following is what I have for Reservations so far.

day 1- Whispering Canyon
Day 2- Garden Grill- Supper
Day 3- Raniforest-Breakfast
Day 4- Hollywood and Vine- Supper
Day 5- Crystal Palace- Breakfast
Day 6- NONE
Day 7- Coral Reef- lunch
Day 8- NONE
Day 9- NONE
Day 10- AK Safari -Breakfast

Also how much cash do you usually take? I hate carrying cash around just b/c I'm scared I will lose it but also at the same time I don't want to go "plastic happy" either!!

Thanks in Advance

Strmchsr
03-11-2008, 01:11 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

I carry very little cash to the park. $10-20 at most. Everything else, meals included if we're not using the dining plan, I charge to our room. If you're worried about going "plastic happy" set a limit on what you can charge to your room.

As for how much to plan on, no one here can say that for you as we all eat very differently. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) to go to the Info Central menu section. It lists prices for the menu items. This way you can get at least a general idea of what you might want to eat and what to expect cost-wise at each location. Be sure to factor sales tax and gratuity in your planning.

#1donaldfan
03-11-2008, 01:22 PM
I guess it depends on your taste.....I would go to info central and start with those menus ... you'll get a very good idea of what you have facing you.....We normally (fam of 5) spend around 900 or so for a week.....I feel that, that's pretty average....somethimes we skip lunch or breakfast, and usually have a great dinner.....I'm sure you can spend less and much, much more if you want to......

by the way :pixie::pixie: Welcome to Intercot :pixie::pixie:

IloveDisney71
03-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I only carry $20 a day to the parks and just charge everything else. I'm good at sticking to a budget but I hate to carry cash.
I agree that you should check out the menu prices. That's the best way to estimate what you might spend.
Have fun!

PinKy
03-11-2008, 01:55 PM
If you hate to carry cash (me too) and you're not sure how much to budget without going over the menus etc, I would suggest just buying the dining package. You can always add it on to your room package over the phone (or even when you get there I believe). Otherwise, I agree with the other folks that its a good idea to go over the menus and just make a budget/list of approximately what you would spend at each restaurant and go by that. After getting a general idea of your budget, you will know if you will need to maybe have breakfast/snacks in your room or if you'll have extra $ to spend.

rsumrall
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Take into consideration that the dining plan runs about $50 a day per adult. If you are eating meal-plan type meals, you can plan on spending that and more. Like others said, check out the menus and the prices in the info central section.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I don't carry cash. I charge everything to the room or on a credit card. I recommend looking at the menus and determining what you'll spend on that meal. Other than that we spend about 6-12 on CS and 8-10 on snacks per person.