PDA

View Full Version : Best place to watch NCAA basketball tournament?

WVParkfan
03-11-2008, 10:59 AM
We'll be in WDW during the NCAA basketball tournament this year. Now, I normally immerse myself in all things Disney on these trips, and wouldn't care about what is going on in the outside world. But, if my beloved West Virginia University Mountaineers are playing in the NCAA tourney while we are at the World, we're going to want to stop and see the game.

So, what are our options? We'll be park-hopping each day, and I know that if we are at DHS or Epcot that we can take the Friendship boat over to the ESPN Zone at the Boardwalk. But, what other options do we have?

King Triton
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Not a lot of options:

- I think the bars at the Rainforest Cafe's (DTD and AK) have a TV...not positive though.
- I would also think there'd be a bar in the Swan and/or Dolphin where you can catch the games.

I think they will, but I wonder if the ESPN Club will show the games since they are on CBS, not ESPN?

MsMin
03-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I love Disney and never dreamed of leaving the park for a game but when we watched LSU last fall we went to ESPN. They typically try to cater to everyone but despite that the LSU game was on CBS it was still on the big screen.
If you are going w/o minors you can sit at the bar.
I highly recommend it for games at the world! :cheer:

Scar
03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
ESPN club is definitely your best bet. Since I assume you’re talking about the first two rounds (as WV won’t be in the Sweet 16 ;) ,) there’s no guarantee they will be on the local CBS affiliate unless they’re playing a Florida team, and I believe ESPN club is the only place where they would pick up other games.

WVParkfan
03-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the info! And I'm not too worried about WVU in the Sweet 16... we'll be back home in time to watch the later rounds! Besides, we're a football school! ha-ha