PDA

View Full Version : Some Planning Questions

hunter1211
03-11-2008, 07:46 AM
My family that consists of Me, dh and our 5 kids (ages 1.5 years old to 9 years old), my dfil and dmil are trying to go to DW from Sept 14-19th this year. We finally got the inlaws opinion on where they want to stay and eat and now we can start planning details. Dh and I haven't been to DW in 12 years and we have never booked 2 rooms and am not sure how it works.

We are hoping to call the day Free Dining comes out (if it does) and book 2 rooms. We have a Disney Visa and the inlaws don't, so we will be the ones to call. They are willing to take 2 of our kids in their room and pay for their tickets too.

My question is how does all the money work? Do I have to pay the deposit for both rooms on my visa when I book? (Which is fine with us.) Then once it is booked how do my inlaws pay for their room, if I booked the reservation? Can they pay for their room (be billed for it) or do I have to pay it all on my Visa and they pay us back?

I just thought of some more questions.....What other infomation do I need when I go to call and book the rooms? Like names, do I need their full names, birthdates, what other personal infomation do I need to have for the inlaws? Also, if they have not booked their flight yet, (We live in Ga and will drive and they live in PA and will fly down.) can I or can they call later and add the flight information so they can get the magical express service?

Again, sorry for all the questions and if I seem clueless. I am just so nervous and excited about this trip!

Thanks in dvance for any help! :)

tennantsrwe
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi!
First, you're going to loooove Disney. It's changed so much over the years it will really almost be like a new experience for you. :mickey: If you book the rooms you have to make the deposit, $200.00 per room, at time of booking. You will also have to provide the names, addresses and ages of everyone on the ressies. You also need to have the ressies linked so if you make a change to one, it applies to the other...this saves a ton of time on the phones. Also, tell them you'd like to request adjoining rooms, if possible. It's not promised but they do try to accommodate all requests. I'd also call closer to my travel date to make the request again. As for your inlaws paying for their room, I would ask a CM for their policies. I think when calling payments in you may have the option of using a different CC than the card used to make the ressie. I would assume since your parents will be listed as guests on one of the ressies they could make payments directly to Disney. However, I would call Disney and ask them how this situation is handled prior to reserving anything. Just so everyone is clear on how the balance is to be paid, etc. I hope this info helps, have fun planning!!! :mickey:

offwego
03-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Welcome to Intercot!!

One thing to think of with the free dining is they limit the number of rooms at each resort. It's a good idea to have a plan "b" in the same resort category just in case.

You will need your In-Laws address and full name (I don't think you'll need dob) and your correct you will have to make both deposits at booking.

For further payments your In-Laws can apply payments by mail or by cc over the phone but will need the reservation number to do so. Make sure they have the correct one! (if your at all concerned the paying you back plan can make sure that both ressies are paid in full by the proper dates).

ME can be added after booking but I think must be done 10 days out to get the tags but someone else may add more to that.

With such a large group you'll want to book your dining options as soon as you can. Don't forget as a resort guest from your first elibgle day you can go a further 10 days out. Large groups and free dining can make it tricky so again prepare some alternate choices or times so that you have a plan that works for you when you call.

Enjoy your trip!:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-11-2008, 08:51 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!

Since any fall promotion, whether that be "free" dining or something else, is a month or so away from being released, if you wish you can go ahead and book with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They are the official Intercot Travel Agency and folks here love them. Fantastic knowledge and service. They can easily guide you through all your decisions and processes with no hassle. And when the fall promotion - "free" dining or whatever - is released they will automatically apply it to your reservation without you having to wait on the phone forever trying to get through like everyone else. If you hit your 180 window before the release of the discount this will allow you to go ahead and book your ADRs. "Free" dining has become so popular that ADRs fill up very quickly and you wouldn't want to miss out because you waited to book.