PDA

View Full Version : Your personal greatest "character angling" finds

Greenlawler
03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
Okay guys time to make me jealous, we had a similar post a while back but lets bring it back. List your rarest character finds during your visits to the parks.

For me, here are my top three rare finds, and a handful of others we were pumped about finding...
1. Little John
2. Gaston
3. Hades
others.. Brer Rabbit, Stromboli, Clara Cluck, Kuzco (Llama), Rabbit, Sheriff of Nottingham
John Smith, Phil, Darkwing Duck, Launchpad, Big Bad Wolf. I would go on but I would rather read yours....

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Wow where did you find Gaston? I'm a huge villains fanatic so that would be an awesome find for me.

When you said you saw Hades, do you mean at the Marathon? Just wondering cause he's one of the top characters on my to get list.

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 12:15 PM
P.S., I haven't found a lot of super rare characters but three of my proud finds are:
1. Max
2. Brer Rabbit
3. Governor Ratcliffe

rjmdds
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't how rare they are, but to me they seemed pretty rare at the time....

1. Nemo
2. Jiminy Cricket
3. Bre'r Rabbit

I have my hopes set on our April trip where I'll be checking out the Teardrop and American Adventure sites. It's all about timing!

joanna71985
03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I have many. They include:
1) Belle's prince (Cinderellabration)
2) The King (Cinderellabration)
3) The Grand Duke (Cinderellabration)
4) Merlin
5) Kronk

I have many more, all of which are on my character website that I created.

wilshade
03-11-2008, 02:10 PM
I dont know if they are really "rare" or not, but I first encountered these two in Town Square last December . . . Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar

Talk about Disney toon Hall of Fame!

Also Princess Giselle from "Enchanted" in the Studios parade. (probably not rare any more).

Mulan in China in Epcot.

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Where did you find Kronk? Does he still come out?

Wow, Belle's Prince. Speaking of which, I heard the only other place to get him is if you get the privilege to meet the characters after the Beauty & the Beast show at DHS back stage. Is this possible?

like2workout
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
it seems like every trip i arbitrarily run into a rare character, or at least one i've not found before. those are the best - when i just happen on someone. this has happened to me with rabbit (from pooh) at mgm, stromboli at magic kingdom, and launchpad at magic kingdom.

joanna71985
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Where did you find Kronk? Does he still come out?

Wow, Belle's Prince. Speaking of which, I heard the only other place to get him is if you get the privilege to meet the characters after the Beauty & the Beast show at DHS back stage. Is this possible?

The last time I saw Kronk was back in June 2006, and I have not seen him since.

I saw Belle's Prince in front of the castle, after a showing of Cinderellabration was canceled.

As for MGM show, I would say this is only possible if you know someone in the show (and even then it may not be possible).

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
The last time I saw Kronk was back in June 2006, and I have not seen him since.

I saw Belle's Prince in front of the castle, after a showing of Cinderellabration was canceled.

As for MGM show, I would say this is only possible if you know someone in the show (and even then it may not be possible).

Thanks you've been a big help.

Hayden's Dad
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of "Character Angling" here at Intercot Goofy0101.
Hello my name is Kyle, and I am a Charater Addict.

Don't worry you are among friends. :thumbsup:

My three rarest are probably
Tony
Mac the Pirate from the tutorial
and getting King Louie's autograph.

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the wonderfully addicting world of "Character Angling" here at Intercot Goofy0101.

Thanks! Its great to hear that there are so many people with the same character obsession as me! Its good to be among my fellow character anglers.

brertosh
03-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Well I haven't been to WDW yet, but if you count Disneyland then: Dumbo, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Jiminy Cricket, Big Bad Wolf, Claribelle Cow, Pinochio, Gepetto, Mr. Smee, Capt. Hook, Ratigan, Old Hag, Mulan, The Beast. Those are a few that i can remember getting pics with that are not out very often.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
There are a few that I'd love to meet and probably never will.

1 - Sora
2 - Jessica Rabbit
3 - Any other character I haven't met before

Melanie
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
We saw Bernard and Bianca last month in Tokyo, and I couldn't recall ever having seen them in all the years we've gone to WDW and Disneyland. Are they rare?

Greenlawler
03-11-2008, 11:38 PM
We saw Bernard and Bianca last month and Tokyo, and I couldn't recall ever having seen them in all the years we've gone to WDW and Disneyland. Are they rare?

Absolutley, in fact I think it's been 10 years at least since they've been out.

I saw on a board someone with Ludwig Von Drake how about that for a find?

Melanie
03-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Absolutley, in fact I think it's been 10 years at least since they've been out.

I thought they were rare.

The other cool one in Tokyo is Prince Eric. I got my pic with him this year! :thumbsup:

joanna71985
03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
We saw Bernard and Bianca last month in Tokyo, and I couldn't recall ever having seen them in all the years we've gone to WDW and Disneyland. Are they rare?

Yes. Extremely (at least over here).

like2workout
03-12-2008, 01:40 PM
bernard and bianca would both have to be on my "most wanted characters" list. i love the rescuers. I've only seen them in pictures before. i also saw an older picture recently where orville from the rescuers was out in the park! maybe they'll move them back over here!

Jozymouse
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I have not met any rare character lately. The rarest ones would be Ratcliffe in AK in Dec 2007and Rabbit at the American Adventure in Sept 2006. Then theirs the Meet the Robinsons and Ratatouille characters that are no longer making appearances that I was fortunate enough to meet in 2007. The other ones are from the various parties, but then, they're not THAT rare since everyone attending the parties can meet them!!!! Snow Prince, Maleficient, Snow Queen, Frollo, Sebastian, Flounder, Prince Ali, Abu, Bullseye, 7 dwarfs, etc.

DisneyFreak1313
03-13-2008, 11:28 AM
My rare characters would be:

1. Rabbit (from Pooh)
2. Launchpad
3. Rescue Rangers (Chip n Dale)
4. Old Hag (from Snow White)
5. Darkwing Duck
6. Maleficient
7. Max
8. All 7 Dwarfs
9. 3 Fairies (Flora, Fauna, & Merriweather)
10. Gov Ratcliffe
11. Stromboli
12. Kermit & Miss. Piggy (in same pic)
13. Nemo
14. Clarice
15. Stanley (I don't know if he is rare or not!?)
16. Belle in Gold Dress
17. Jack Sparrow
18. Merlin

Well, these are just a few of my over 200 characters I have had the priviledge of meeting! Hope you find some of them rare!

Greenlawler
03-14-2008, 12:16 AM
My rare characters would be:

1. Rabbit (from Pooh)
2. Launchpad
3. Rescue Rangers (Chip n Dale)
4. Old Hag (from Snow White)
5. Darkwing Duck
6. Maleficient
7. Max
8. All 7 Dwarfs
9. 3 Fairies (Flora, Fauna, & Merriweather)
10. Gov Ratcliffe
11. Stromboli
12. Kermit & Miss. Piggy (in same pic)
13. Nemo
14. Clarice
15. Stanley (I don't know if he is rare or not!?)
16. Belle in Gold Dress
17. Jack Sparrow
18. Merlin

Well, these are just a few of my over 200 characters I have had the priviledge of meeting! Hope you find some of them rare!

200...nice work we are only up to 150 or so, or family is really into the rare finds. We also tend to find at least one new one every trip, although that number shrinks every year.

tink2006
03-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Has anybody ever seen Humphrey the Bear? My DH would just love to have a pic w/him. Or do you know if there is a Humphrey the Bear pin?

DisneyFreak1313
03-14-2008, 09:27 AM
200...nice work we are only up to 150 or so, or family is really into the rare finds. We also tend to find at least one new one every trip, although that number shrinks every year.

I know what you mean Greenlawler.....the number we get each trip is shrinking considerably! But we always manage to find at least one new one for us! The next trip we are doing is in June for SWW so we will get some new ones there for sure!

Melanie
03-14-2008, 07:52 PM
Has anybody ever seen Humphrey the Bear? My DH would just love to have a pic w/him. Or do you know if there is a Humphrey the Bear pin?

Who is Humphrey the Bear?

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't know if these would be considered rare....but I've only seen them once.

1. Jiminy Cricket
2. Aladdin
3. Mushu
4. Gepetto
5. Evil Queen
6. Frolo
7. Maleficent
8. Queen of Hearts

Those are the ones I can think of. The villains we saw at MNSSHP. I'll be doing it again this year....worth it just for that.