Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi everybody, I was just wondering if anyone had any info on these characters:
1. Maleficent
2. Hades
3. Tarzan
4. Hercules
5. Snow Witch

Thanks everybody I just wanted to get some info on these characters because they are our top 5 wants.

tundramom
03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
We got Hercules at Disneyland. Hades I've seen in the old Stars and Motorcars Parade but never signing autographs. Maleficent, Tarzan, and the Snow Queen in stage shows.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks. Are you sure Tarzan, Maleficent and the Snow Witch only appear in stage shows? I've heard of Maleficent at the Halloween party.

joanna71985
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
1. Maleficent
2. Hades
3. Tarzan
4. Hercules
5. Snow Witch

Thanks everybody I just wanted to get some info on these characters because they are our top 5 wants.

Maleficent- 99% just at mnsshp
Hades- is not out
Tarzan- just at mnsshp
Hercules- no longer comes out
Snow Witch- if you mean the Queen, she just about always comes out only at mnsshp (she used to once in awhile come out at the Hat after the parade. But with DSMC gone, that most likely is over). But if you mean the Hag, she no longer comes out.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
where else had Maleficent been known to appear other than mnsshp?

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I've also heard rumors that Tarzan comes to the African Outpost at EPCOT and sometimes the Oasis at AK.

There were also rumors that Tarzan was going to start coming out on the bridge to Adventureland from the center of MK. Are those likely to be true?

joanna71985
03-10-2008, 09:32 PM
where else had Maleficent been known to appear other than mnsshp?

I don't believe anywhere (at least not anymore). Pretty much now adays she is just at mnsshp.

I've also heard rumors that Tarzan comes to the African Outpost at EPCOT and sometimes the Oasis at AK.

There were also rumors that Tarzan was going to start coming out on the bridge to Adventureland from the center of MK. Are those likely to be true?

No unfortunately.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Darn those guys were both on my to get list. Sounds like I'll have a good chance with both of them at mnsshp, though.

Anyways, thanks for the tips.

ASweetLov
03-10-2008, 11:30 PM
I have taken pictures with the Evil Queen(from snow white) in the disney hollywood studios under the hat last july (2007), she was signing autograpghs there too.

Greenlawler
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
1. Maleficent
2. Hades
3. Tarzan
4. Hercules
5. Snow Witch

Not to repeat what everyone else said but from my angling quests....
Maleficnet...I have seen out by the hat as Joanna said, I have heard they will keep doing these in spite of the DSMC parade closing. I have also seen her once at the Teardrop.
Hades....Only during the Disney Marathon, but he will sign if your a participant.
Tarzan...He was out for the Marathon as well, and like Joanna said at the MNSSHP the last two years.
Hercules...He is in Fantasmic sometimes, last timeI saw him was at the Studios but that was 6 years ago.
Snow Queen...We have found her just about every year, usualy near the hat after the parade meet n Greet but also we found her wandering Main Street 4 years ago. She is also at MNSSHP if you can catch them on a night where rain calls off the show sometimes they will do a brief meet n greet behind the castle in the breezeway there. Thats where we found the Big Bad Wolf in 2004. She was also out for the Marathon.
I'm telling you guys if you ever had any thoughts of running a marathon sign up, it is a character bonanza! But you better sign up asap, the half marathon is almost full 93% capacity. The full is at 50% capacity.

rjmdds
03-11-2008, 12:39 PM
...if you ever had any thoughts of running a marathon sign up, it is a character bonanza! But you better sign up asap, the half marathon is almost full 93% capacity. The full is at 50% capacity.

As long as some of those characters can give me CPR and handle an Oxygen tank!

joanna71985
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't know about the Hat sets. I heard the opposite- that the afternoon ones would be ending.

DisneyFreak1313
03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
1. Maleficent
2. Hades
3. Tarzan
4. Hercules
5. Snow Witch

I just don't want to restate what everyone else has said but......Maleficient I haven't seen in 2 years (but at mnsshp she should be there).....Hades only out at Marathon.....Tarzan I got from MNSSHP 2 years ago (as well as Jane too).........Hercules I got with Meg & Phil in HS for a preparade great it was in the afternoon by the turnstiles...Snow Witch was out in MK alot a couple of years ago....I thought she was rare until I saw her sooooooo much in MK.......not out very much anymore though!

Greenlawler
03-13-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't know about the Hat sets. I heard the opposite- that the afternoon ones would be ending.

I guess time will tell, but I hope they do. Actually I guess we could find out now, but no one I know will be down there for a couple of weeks.

like2workout
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
i'll be going to dw 3/27 - 4/2. if no one goes before then, i'll let everyone know then if the afternoon meets at the hat are still going on.

Greenlawler
03-14-2008, 11:59 PM
i'll be going to dw 3/27 - 4/2. if no one goes before then, i'll let everyone know then if the afternoon meets at the hat are still going on.

Thanks brother angler, I think we have a pretty vibrant little community here. We should help our fellow anglers. After all there are not that many of us in the great scheme of things. Maybe with a little more organization we could accomplish more, like keeping everyone up to date, having a conslitdated effort in our imput to Disney, and maybe someday in the future we could have a character anglers weekend at Disney....Maybe we could set Characters in Bloom 2009 as a meeting date?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-15-2008, 12:47 AM
You know, I was just thinking that myself when I was responding to the other thread about getting to know each other better.

But why wait that long? Let's go for this year and set it for MNSSHP or MVMCP! I'll definately be here!

KineGirl
03-15-2008, 03:52 AM
I love the greatly misunderstood Maleficent! I was at MNSSHP 3 years ago (complimentary of Disney when a cast member saw my now husband proposing to me at Cinderellas Castle :cloud9:) and somehow managed to miss her. We go a couple times a year and will be back this summer so if shes out there and someone sees her Please Please Please let us know where & when!!!! I was already planning making a visit to guest relation to ask about seeing my favorite villainess!

....14 years and still waiting :malef:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 12:18 PM
I'd like to see...

1. Any of the Princes
2. Marie
3. Brer Rabbit
4. Lumiere or any of the other Beauty and the Beast characters
5. Cheshire Cat....or the White Rabbit

Has anyone ever seen them? If so where? I've heard Marie in France...but I've never seen her.

I was very excited to get to see Alice last year. I never knew that she came out.

joanna71985
03-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd like to see...

1. Any of the Princes
2. Marie
3. Brer Rabbit
4. Lumiere or any of the other Beauty and the Beast characters
5. Cheshire Cat....or the White Rabbit

Has anyone ever seen them? If so where? I've heard Marie in France...but I've never seen her.

I was very excited to get to see Alice last year. I never knew that she came out.

1. The only one who regularly comes out is Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare dinner, and also Aladdin.

2. Marie comes out in France

3. Brer Rabbit is pretty much just a parade character now

4. The only BatB characters that meet are Belle and Beast

5. White Rabbit may pop up at the Teacups, and also once in awhile at the Hat (but I don't know if the Hat afternoon sets are still on).

Goofy0101
03-15-2008, 03:59 PM
I thought that Gaston came out rarely. Is that not true?

Greenlawler
03-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I do not think he comes out at all except for his show.

joanna71985
03-15-2008, 11:52 PM
I thought that Gaston came out rarely. Is that not true?

I've only heard him come out if a show was canceled.