PDA

View Full Version : Make-your-own lightsaber question

Young@Heart
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I know they cost about $20 to make, but does anyone know the additional cost for making the Darth Maul (dual lightsaber) one? TIA for any help!:darth::yoda:

5fromabove
03-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi! Our boys each made a lightsaber in Oct. One made the :yoda: one and he received a "Jedi" pin with it. Our other son made :darth: and received a "Sith" pin. They both cost the same amount to make...doesn't matter if you make one sided or two. :) Hope this helps and have fun! :)

yjgirl715
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
My Husband had made the sithlord lightsaber and I had made the jedi one- cost is the same. They give you a bunch of things you can put on the ligth sabers and that's what makes each light saber unique. He's the Star Wars fan and loved it! That made his trip.:darth: Your kids will have a blast!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 02:55 PM
My husband made one last year and I thought that you paid for 2 if you did Darth Mauls. They also gave him a special pin that you could only get by purchasing a lightsaber kit.

KylesMom
03-11-2008, 03:34 PM
My husband made one last year and I thought that you paid for 2 if you did Darth Mauls. Honestly I thought it was the original cost x 2 if you made Darth Maul's lightsaber, too. DS made Vader's single-sided saber, but we disuaded him from the double-sided model because A) of the size of the weapon and B) the cost! :mickey:

ldc12377
03-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Last summer, the kids made lightsabers (or life savers, which is what my youngest called them) My niece made the Darth Maul one but I thought we were charged the same price for all of them. The only reason I remember that is because I thought the double-bladed one probably would cost more but it didn't. Either they are all the same price or ours got rung up wrong at the register.:blush:
The CMs were really great because my DS8's lightsaber didn't really work right when he put it together so they took it back over to the station and fixed it for him. I thought that was really wonderful, above and beyond normal customer service...Just another example of Disney going the extra mile to make sure everything is magical!!:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
03-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone! DH and DS's are sooooo excited about this! They're all big Star Wars geeks, so while DD and I are stuffing our Potato Head and Pony boxes, they can have fun building their sabers! :mickey:

DreamFinder2
03-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I've never done this, and I'm really not a Star Wars fan, but my brother-in-law is! He'd love one as a souvenir...

...is the finished lightsaber of a size that's packable in a suitcase? Or can you easily take them apart?

Thanks!

prttynpnk
03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Is there a sseperate base with a powersource at either end for the darth Maul saber? We didn't see one that was functional when we went- light wise.

TwingleMom
03-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Where can you do this???

Young@Heart
03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Where can you do this???

It's at Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney. :mickey:

DreamFinder2
03-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Just wanted to re-ask my question...

...are the lightsabers such that you can take them apart to pack for the trip home?

Thanks.

KylesMom
03-14-2008, 09:40 AM
DreamFinder2, they "collapse" down so that you can fit them in your suitcase. :mickey:

DreamFinder2
03-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Excellent...thanks!

Rekced
03-20-2008, 12:09 AM
for the double bladed lightsaber only one side will light up, but you do not get charged extra. The second blade replaces the end cap that you would normally choose with a single blade light saber.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I know they cost about $20 to make, but does anyone know the additional cost for making the Darth Maul (dual lightsaber) one? TIA for any help!:darth::yoda:

My DS made the Darth Maul lightsaber and the price was the same...