PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel would you choose?

bethanne6245
03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
My family and I will be returnind to Disney. We received a coupon good for 20% off. We would love to return to POFQ, but the only two mods available or rooms left under this discount is Coronodo Springs and Carribean Beach. Which would you choose and why? Thanks!

Crow
03-10-2008, 08:14 PM
CS. its at the top of my mod list

figgie
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
For us it would be CS for sure!

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I've never stayed at CS but I have stayed at CBR and I absolutely loved it! It was a beautiful and relaxing resort. It is really big, but unless you plan to eat at the food court on a regular basis, I don't think the size would be much of an issue. They have several bus stops around the resort so the walk to one isn't bad. You can always pay the extra amount to be closer to the food court. I would stay at CBR again.

RAIDER
03-11-2008, 04:41 AM
Ive never been to CS but have been to CBR twice and loved it so i voted for that one so its a tad biased :thumbsup:

McGoofy
03-11-2008, 04:51 AM
I've stayed at both and really like CSR a lot better. It seems closer to a deluxe. They have a few more ammenities than the other mods do. It's geared as a convention center and that's mostly likely why it is a little nicer. The grounds are beautiful. The pool is awesome. Convention attendees are at the convention by day so the buses and pools aren't too crowded. It's just a very relaxing resort. My DH and I both love it.

buzz2001
03-11-2008, 05:18 AM
CSR! Great pool/slide, awesome transportation and terrific food!!

poohluva
03-11-2008, 07:15 AM
I've only been to CBR and loved it, but since the main pool isn't open right now, I'd pick CSR.

mrsgaribaldi
03-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I love them both. We just stayed at Coronado Springs on our last 2 trips so I went with Caribbean Beach :thumbsup:

c&d
03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
CSR, love the pool, the food court and the theme. :thumbsup:

wilshade
03-11-2008, 11:20 AM
My vote is for CSR. I was there a few years ago and loved hte grounds and the Pepper market food court. I didnt care too much for Maya Grill, but that may have improved since then.

Yep, it is a convention hotel, but that can add to the "coolness" factor. You never know who is having a convention there.

My trip happened to coincide with a Military Stunt Teams convention or whatever they called it. I ran into folks from the Blue Angels, the Army's Black Knights, and many other reps from the stunt teams. It also happend to be the weekend of the Army-Navy game which added some spice to it all.

You just never know. :thumbsup:

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
After all the research I just did....I would have to say CSR!!! Can't wait to go there in July!! :cool:

bethanne6245
03-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks so much for all your input! I just book CS! Now any hints on room selection? We'd love to be near the pool and food court. Any ideas?

McGoofy
03-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks so much for all your input! I just book CS! Now any hints on room selection? We'd love to be near the pool and food court. Any ideas?

We just stayed in a great room last month. It was building #4 in the Casitas section. I think our room number was 4227, but I'm not 100% sure about that one. Our room overlooked the quiet pool that is right outside of the LaVida Health Fitness Club. The walk was minutes to the main food court area. There was also a bus stop that was right outside the back side of our building. This bus stop was awesome as we were first to be picked up and dropped off on the route. The pool was the furthest thing away, but the walk was about 5 minutes, not a big deal. However, if you don't want to walk it, golf carts go around the lake every few minutes to shuttle you to where you want to go. Building number 4 was a very convenient location.:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 01:48 PM
CS - One of my favorite Disney resorts. It's beautiful, great service, great bus service, awesome food court.

CB - Worst Disney resort I've ever stayed in. I'd stay off property before I stayed there again. Extremely long bus times, rude staff, terrible housekeeping.

bruin1344
03-12-2008, 08:24 AM
never stayed at cb but we really liked cs, it was quietier, nice pool, good location, decent food court

McGoofy
03-12-2008, 08:49 AM
CB - Worst Disney resort I've ever stayed in. I'd stay off property before I stayed there again. Extremely long bus times, rude staff, terrible housekeeping.

I have to agree with the statement about poor housekeeping and rude staff at Carribean Beach. I didn't mention this before because I thought maybe we were an isolated incident, and I didn't feel the need to spread negative energy. But since you mentioned it, to start with, our check in was a nightmare. The CM who checked us in was extremely rude. That's a long story in and of itself which I do not need to get into. Then at that same stay one day we came back to the room (fortunately, we had only spent a half day at AK that morning) and housekeeping had left our door propped open with the lock that is supposed to be locked on the inside when the door is closed. Our door was wide open and all of our belongings were made free to anybody that wanted to walk in and help themselves. We had to make sure all of our stuff was there. When management got involved with the situation (which that took an act of congress to get somebody in management that cared), they did not seem too concerned. We had to beg them to check to see if anybody had made phone calls or used the internet from our room. We didn't want any surprises on our bill. It was just a bad situation all together. That is all just a quick summary. I realize the housekeeping thing could happen anywhere, but the "service recovery" after the incident left a lot to be desired. We vowed then and there that we would NEVER stay at CBR ever again.:down:

c&d
03-12-2008, 10:11 AM

We were in the Casitas section, building #3. It was a short walk to the main building and bus stop. We were able to get to the main building and bus stop under cover of the archways. Since we were down in the summer it was nice to be able to miss some of those afternoon :rain: What we found worked for us was to get the bus at the main bus stop on the way to the parks and then get off at the first stop on the way home. There are 4 bus stops and the way it worked when we were down was the bus would come in and circle the resort, with the main bus stop being the last one. The first stop was in the Casitas section. It confused us the first time home on the bus.

If I remember it was about a 10 min leisurely walk to the main pool site.

johnO
03-12-2008, 10:26 AM
We visited CSR on our last trip to check it out. It seemed really nice.