PDA

View Full Version : Shan Yu

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new here and I have a lot of character questions. Does anybody know anything about Shan Yu (Mulan villain) as a character?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
He was out for a while, a long time ago but no longer appears in the parks. He's gone back into hiding, most likely indefinately.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks. That's too bad, I've been wanting to meet him.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 06:19 PM
By the way, does anyone know if Kanga is available for meet and greets? Thanks.

rjmdds
03-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I have NEVER seen or heard of Kanga out and about, not even in parades. I don't even know if she was even out in the early days of the park opening, when rare characters were the norm. Although I am hardly an expert. Someone should be along soon with a more definitive answer.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah I've never heard of her meeting before, but i know she's in the Christmas and Halloween parades. I just thought I'd ask because I like the Pooh characters.

rjmdds
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
I thinthe other Pooh characters should be out as well. I know Rabbit is a rarity too. My son loves the Pooh characters. I think he would be beside himself if he got to meet Owl. The boy LOVES Owl! I didn't know that Kanga was in some of the parades.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah Kanga's not in any normal parades as far as i know of but she's on a float with Rabbit at Christmas and Halloween parties.

You're right they should have Owl.

joanna71985
03-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm new here and I have a lot of character questions. Does anybody know anything about Shan Yu (Mulan villain) as a character?

He used to be in the castle show back in 2005. But since the show closed, he has not been out since.

By the way, does anyone know if Kanga is available for meet and greets? Thanks.

She is only in the mnsshp and mvmcp parades.

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I wasn't very hopeful about finding Kanga anyway, because no one talks about her.

I've heard rumors that Shan Yu comes out every once in a while in China at EPCOT. Is this possible?

joanna71985
03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks. I wasn't very hopeful about finding Kanga anyway, because no one talks about her.

I've heard rumors that Shan Yu comes out every once in a while in China at EPCOT. Is this possible?

No. It is just Mulan and/or Mushu.

Blue Genie
03-10-2008, 08:58 PM
At Disneyland last year Shan Yu show up for the halloween month over on DCA side. Here is a picture I got with him there.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Photos/Characters%20Photos%20Vol%202%20Part%201%20/DisneyOct6001.jpg

Goofy0101
03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Nice pic. I'd love to get Shan Yu.

TinaT
03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I have a picture of him with my son from back in 1999 at Epcot. I didn't know his name until I saw these posts. Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Greenlawler
03-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Add me to the list of those wanting Shan Yu to retrun. I have requested in a letter that he should be out for MNSSHP. It seems they have the same 7 or 8 baddies out every year. We need some new blood.

Goofy0101
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah I agree. Another villain they should be putting out more is Maleficent.

Jozymouse
03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Another character I would love to see is Owl from Winnie the Pooh. Many years ago he used to be in the xmas parade with Kanga but he was replaced by Rabbit. He looked weird though.... since he was pretty big and had a huge head.

disneydude1
03-27-2008, 06:03 AM
Any pics of owl in the xmas parade?

Also to add to your Pooh character list, Christopher Robin is in the MNSSHP and MVMCP parades as well.

alandisney
04-05-2008, 11:41 AM
At Disneyland last year Shan Yu show up for the halloween month over on DCA side. Here is a picture I got with him there.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Photos/Characters%20Photos%20Vol%202%20Part%201%20/DisneyOct6001.jpg

Cool picture Blue Genie.

Jozymouse
04-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Any pics of owl in the xmas parade?

Also to add to your Pooh character list, Christopher Robin is in the MNSSHP and MVMCP parades as well.
I am in the VERY long process of transfering all my VHS tapes to DVD. As soon as I will see an interesting/rate character, I will take a pic from my TV screen and will post it on my photo site. I know for a fact that i will have Owl, Oliver and company gang, Mouse Detective gang, Thumper, Rhinos and elephants from Robin hood (guards) and probably many more that i cannot even remember!:thumbsup:

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-02-2008, 04:21 PM
My friends went to the dock near dinoland where the pooh characters are, and they say owl, piglet, and rabbit are there every time! I was wondering if it was someone else, but no! It was owl! :mickey:http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/mickey.gif

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I have a picture: /Users/patriciaculleton/Desktop/MVMCP rs 930015.jpg

joanna71985
06-02-2008, 06:04 PM
My friends went to the dock near dinoland where the pooh characters are, and they say owl, piglet, and rabbit are there every time! I was wondering if it was someone else, but no! It was owl! :mickey:

Owl and Rabbit do not meet there (Owl never comes out, and Rabbit is EXTREMELY rare). The characters there are Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and sometimes Piglet.

disneydude1
06-05-2008, 06:35 AM
If a picture of owl exists it must be posted. We all have to see it to believe it.

Also, joanna, I know you work at walt disney world and all but just because you work there doesn't mean you know all the characters that are out each day and such, just sometimes your posts make you sound like you're right and everyone else is wrong. I have seen some posts by you where you say certain characters don't exist even in parades and I personally have seen them and sometimes posted pics of them. So if someone says owl existed, give them a chance to prove it before you get the attitude of I'm a wdw cm and know all.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude to you cause that's not what I'm trying to do at all, I'm just stating that while yes you do have a better knowledge of who is out, you can't possible know who is out 24/7 and that 1% that you may not have known, is when owl could have been out, but only pictures will prove it. I know I won't believe it until I se it, but we need to give people the chance to prove us wrong.

disneydude1
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
After much searching, I found a picture of Owl in the Christmas Parade.

This still doesn't answer though whether or not he was out recently though, which by judging his costume, I doubt even more that he was out.

http://www.jefflangedvd.com/news/media/MVMCP%20rs%20930015.jpg

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-18-2008, 07:18 PM

This still doesn't answer though whether or not he was out recently though, which by judging his costume, I doubt even more that he was out.

this was the picture that i found! :thumbsup: i promise owl was out you are wrong, whoever said owl doesn't come out! i can post an autograph! maybe he is a sub, like kanga!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-19-2008, 12:03 AM
I think you misinterpreted what Joanna was saying. She wasn't saying he doesn't exist - she was saying he doesn't do meets. And Rabbit is very rare to find out.

As for getting the autographs, I know for special occassions, they have been able to get Owl, Kanga, Roo and Rabbit to sign. But I second what Joanna said when she says they aren't out.

And true, she may not know everyone who is out and I know I don't, but I think between us and all of the other Entertainment CM's we know and are friends with, we have a good percentage of it covered.

joanna71985
06-19-2008, 03:38 AM
I think you misinterpreted what Joanna was saying. She wasn't saying he doesn't exist - she was saying he doesn't do meets. And Rabbit is very rare to find out.

As for getting the autographs, I know for special occassions, they have been able to get Owl, Kanga, Roo and Rabbit to sign. But I second what Joanna said when she says they aren't out.

And true, she may not know everyone who is out and I know I don't, but I think between us and all of the other Entertainment CM's we know and are friends with, we have a good percentage of it covered.

Thank you!!:thumbsup:

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Jessica,
You have been very helpful posting, and I used a lot of your info for my May trip! But, Owl was out, and I'm sorry but Rabbit is out almost every day at AK. But, this is about Shan Yu anyway!

PS How do you get characters for private parties?

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-19-2008, 09:42 AM

It's not nice your doubting me. You have zero evidence that I'm lying! :confused: I at first told my friends NO That wasn't Owl it was Meeko, but I'll post an autograph!

joanna71985
06-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Jessica,
You have been very helpful posting, and I used a lot of your info for my May trip! But, Owl was out, and I'm sorry but Rabbit is out almost every day at AK. But, this is about Shan Yu anyway!

PS How do you get characters for private parties?

I'm sorry, but Rabbit is NOT out every day at AK. He is rarely out anywhere at all. The only Pooh characters at AK are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.

disneydude1
06-19-2008, 05:13 PM
It's not nice your doubting me. You have zero evidence that I'm lying! :confused: I at first told my friends NO That wasn't Owl it was Meeko, but I'll post an autograph!

EXCUSE ME, I wasn't doubting you, I stuck up for you in earlier posts. I was just saying i doubt he was out because look at how old that character costume is.

BTW Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow, I am very sorry to the both of you I wasn't trying to be rude one bit. I trust that you know what is happening most of the time especially with fellow CMs knowledge. Once again I am sorry that I turned this topic into a bashing. I did not mean for it to turn out like this, and I am sorry.

disneydude1
06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry, but Rabbit is NOT out every day at AK. He is rarely out anywhere at all. The only Pooh characters at AK are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore.

I second that, while I am just a Disney Store Cast Member, I go to the parks twice a year and have only ever seen Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger. I know that Rabbit and Kanga had costumes but had never seen them except for in the parades at Halloween and Christmas.

I have only heard of Rabbit and Kanga coming out as a replacement for any of the other four, and thats if they need to replace them.

Until we started talking about Owl, in this post I didn't even know he existed as a costume character not even back in the day. I now know that he existed, but as all pics that I have found show, it seems like he was only a parade chracter. I'm gonna have to side with Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow here and once again apologize to them both.

Until proof of Owl being out recently turns up. Then you can have the satisfaction of prooving everyone wrong.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-20-2008, 01:16 AM
I know you weren't being rude, I was just saying you might have misunderstood. Maybe Joanna didn't know he existed. I knew he did at one point.

I also know that yes, some people have gotten his autograph recently. But it doesn't mean they met Owl. Hayden was able to get Owl's autograph, as well as Kanga, Roo, and Rabbit. But that was a special occassion and he didn't get to actually meet them (sadly!).

AnnetteFan
06-20-2008, 03:43 AM

In all honesty I see a great deal of misinformation given out by fellow CM's on this website, especially in regards to characters. Even an entertainment CM has just as much credibility as a monorail driver when it comes to certain things.

disneydude1
06-20-2008, 06:04 AM
In all honesty I see a great deal of misinformation given out by fellow CM's on this website, especially in regards to characters. Even an entertainment CM has just as much credibility as a monorail driver when it comes to certain things.

Thank you. That was the message I was trying to get across, that just because you work there you aren't 100% accurate ALL THE TIME, and myself included in that. Admit it that most CM knowledge comes from rumors or threads that we read on the internet.

disneydude1
06-20-2008, 06:14 AM
I know you weren't being rude, I was just saying you might have misunderstood. Maybe Joanna didn't know he existed. I knew he did at one point.

I also know that yes, some people have gotten his autograph recently. But it doesn't mean they met Owl. Hayden was able to get Owl's autograph, as well as Kanga, Roo, and Rabbit. But that was a special occassion and he didn't get to actually meet them (sadly!).

Does Hayden have scans of the autographs? I would love to see them as I've only seen the reg. four pooh characters autographs before.

Also, joanna, I know you met prince caspian, I'm wondering do you have a scan of his autograph? On the disboards discussion about rare characters, I found you, I'm wondering the autograph that weatherbyswann got of pete. Do you think its pete from goof troop, or pete from petes dragon? Remember he didn't meet the characters he just got a book filled with autographs sent to him from disney. Finally, I once again am sorry for the harsh words I said to you, and would like to let you know once again I did not mean anything by them.

joanna71985
06-20-2008, 08:29 AM
BTW Joanna and CaptainJessicaSparrow, I am very sorry to the both of you I wasn't trying to be rude one bit. I trust that you know what is happening most of the time especially with fellow CMs knowledge. Once again I am sorry that I turned this topic into a bashing. I did not mean for it to turn out like this, and I am sorry.

You were not being rude. And I want to apolygize too.

Also, joanna, I know you met prince caspian, I'm wondering do you have a scan of his autograph? On the disboards discussion about rare characters, I found you, I'm wondering the autograph that weatherbyswann got of pete. Do you think its pete from goof troop, or pete from petes dragon? Remember he didn't meet the characters he just got a book filled with autographs sent to him from disney. Finally, I once again am sorry for the harsh words I said to you, and would like to let you know once again I did not mean anything by them.

Yes, I have his autograph. I can get a picture of it up hopefully later today or tomorrow. As for the autograph, I didn't see it. But it's hard to tell. If it is from Pete from Goof Troop, I would have hoped that his autograph wouldn't have been so plain. But I really don't think it's from Pete from Pete's Dragon.

alandisney
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Elliott and Pete have autographs in the book;)

Now back to Shan-Yu, will he ever be back for the Halloween parties?

joanna71985
06-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Now back to Shan-Yu, will he ever be back for the Halloween parties?

I would have to say most likely not, unfortunately.

emmetlovesmaleficent
06-20-2008, 10:17 AM
EXCUSE ME, I wasn't doubting you, I stuck up for you in earlier posts. I was just saying i doubt he was out because look at how old that character costume is.

I TOTALLY get you stuck up for me! :cool: But I at first had doubts about Shan Yu, but I was wrong! So just give Owl a chance!