PDA

View Full Version : Dining, but not going to parks

spoonfulosugar
03-10-2008, 05:17 PM
I think I already know the answer to this question, but I want to double check anyway...

Can you dine at a restaurant (that's NOT in a park) if you're not staying at WDW or going to any parks? I'm thinking of places like resorts, board walk, downtown, etc. Can you call and make adr if you're not a resort guest?

We're flying into Orlando for another reason and I thought it would be fun to at least eat somewhere fun since we don't have time for anything else.

Thanks!!

anneb
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Absolutely. Some of Disney's best restaurants are at the resorts. Dining there also gives you the opportunity to explore the resort - many of them are really fun to explore.

Jared
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Yes, anyone can dine at the resort or Downtown Disney restaurants. Just call and make a reservation as you normally would.

:tasty:

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Absolutely. You can dine at any of the resorts or Downtown Disney areas, basically anywhere that won't require park admission. It is still advisable to try to get an ADR well in advance when possible. I'm not sure what the rules are for non-resort guests but I think you can still get an ADR 180 days out.

spoonfulosugar
03-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Thank you all for confirming what I already thought to be true. i just wasn't sure about the adr part...I will call like I normally do to make ressies. Thanks!!

Deesdisney
03-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes. I did it in Jan. It was great. I was there for 3 wks and for 2 wks. we went and checked out the resorts and ate lunch at the resorts. I really enjoyed it.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-11-2008, 01:59 PM
You can dine at the resorts and DD....just not a the parks without admission.

Duchess99
03-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Of course!
I would go to either Jiko or Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's such a great resort to explore!