PDA

View Full Version : Never Land Club questions

ldc12377
03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
How does the Never Land Club work? I've made reservations but I'm still not sure exactly how it all works. I was told by the CM when I made my reservation that there isn't a minimum amount of time for them to stay (or should I say for us to pay for) but I thought I had read somewhere that there's a 3 hour minimum. I know that CMs and websites can both be wrong so which one is right this time? What kind of things do they do with the kids? Also, I read somewhere that there is some kind of "open house" kind of thing in the Never Land Club area during the day from like 1 - 4 each day. Is that true? My DD7 is a little anxious about going to the club for the first time so I thought going to see it before hand might make it a little easier on her. ANY info would be WONDERFUL!!! I'm quite anxious about the whole myself. I'm a stay-at-home mom so I have really hard time letting the kids out of my sight and trusting that they will be OK without me...:secret:

Quasimodo
03-10-2008, 04:36 PM
It's been a couple of years since we used Neverland Club, but I will try to tell you what I remember. As you mentioned, its a fixed amount, not matter how long you leave your kid there. They feed your child and provide various activities depending on the child's age. There are video games, toys, and arts and crafts. They also show Disney movies.

Here is the Intercot info on child care. Just scroll down to the section on The Neverland Club. The menu is listed as well: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/children/childcare.asp

JMTStone
03-11-2008, 10:55 AM
We used Simba's clubhouse on our May 2006 trip. It was great. DD (4 at the time) loved it! They did arts and crafts with her and she colored a lot of stuff for us. She didn't want to leave.

I have to tell you they had a "pickup by 11 PM rule" when we were there so it sort of limited our Downtown Disney night (we were hoping to see fireworks). We did not know this until we went to drop her off.

Good link above, but I would call the resort, ask to get transferred to the NeverLand club and ask the question.

DestinationWDW
03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
When we used the Neverland Club 12/06 we paid $11 per hour. We came after dinner was already served but the kids received snacks and a drink. Goldfish crackers if I remember correctly. Mine loved it too and left with a "booty bag" full of goodies and trinkets. My oldest did complain though because "we had to keep washing our hands and they counted us a lot!" Those complaints were reassuring to me. The check-in desk was Wendy's bed and the kid's "flew" to Neverland by climbing through the window! We had a pager to carry in case of emergency and really enjoyed our evening alone!!!!