PDA

View Full Version : Final ADRs and dining plans for June! Any feedback?

BriarRose0708
03-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi Friends :mickey:

My June trip is 85 days away and we've finally finished making our ADRs! I'm trying a few new places and re-visiting some favorites. If you can give any feedback or stories about your experiences to share, I'd appreciate it. I'm also looking for some counter service options in EPCOT, AK and MGM to try.

Wednesday June 4
-Lunch at Everything Pop
-Dinner at Mama Melrose (Never been here before)

Thursday June 5
-Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (After months of hemming and hawwing over this meal I am truly looking forward to this experience)
-Snacks at Everything Pop
-Dinner in DTD (Maybe Earl of Sandwich? Any suggestions for other Counter Service meals?)

Friday June 6
-All counter service meals this day. We'll be in Animal Kingdom for lunch and Magic Kingdom for dinner. We'll try Yak & Yeti at AK, and probably go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner.

Saturday June 7
-Lunch at Coral Reef (I can't wait, this was my favorite meal my last trip)
-Counter service dinner somewhere in World showcase (I'd like to try Morocco)

Sunday June 8
-Counter Service lunch at MGM (I have no idea where to go. Pizza Planet?)
-Dinner at Sci-Fi (We love this place!)

Monday June 9
-Counter Service lunch in EPCOT or AK, depending on where we are in the afternoon.
-Counter Service dinner in AK, either Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari

Tuesday June 10
-We get lunch at Colombia Harbor House with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour (my favorite CS inall of the Magic Kingdom)
-Counter Service Dinner in EPCOT somewhere

Wednesday June 11
-Breakfast at Kona Cafe (Kona Press Pot, here I come!)
-Counter Service lunch in either Magic Kingdom or MGM, depending on which park we chose to visit. This is our last day :(

I am amazed at how few CS places there are in AK and MGM (I mean, Hollywood Studios). I haven't eaten at any of them before except Flame Tree BBQ, so any suggestions would be very helpful!

cal5755
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Those sound like good ADR's. I have to say that flametree is the best in AK... and there is another one in dinoland that has your basic burger selections and chicken nuggets. As far as MK Cosmic rays is our favorite cs too lol. Sorry I am no help there.

Have a magical trip!!

stitch34
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
We really enjoyed Earl of Sandwich at DTD and I definitely would suggest that. It had something for everyone.
At MGM, we have a counter service at the place in between Indiana Jones and Star Tours. It has your typical CS menu but it also had a panini sandwich that was really good if they still have it.

Hope this helps!!!

Jared
03-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey, Nikki! Congratulations on finalizing your dining plans!

At Animal Kingdom, I prefer Flame Tree Barbeque to Pizzafari. If you're at Epcot that afternoon, I'd choose Sunshine Season Food Fair. For your second counter service meal at the Magic Kingdom, I'd try Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

I agree that Disney's Hollywood Studios has no good counter service options. We actually avoid having lunch there for that reason. Animal Kingdom lost Tusker House Restaurant, which was one of my favorite counter services places in Disney, but the new one adjacent to Yak & Yeti seems to fill the void.

Looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

:tasty:

Followthatmouse
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
Have you considered Starring Rolls at the Studios? It was always a reliable snacking choice for us. I believe that the food for the shop is mainly produced in the Brown Derby kitchens. The muffins, cakes and sandwiches are fresh and tasty.

I certainly agree with the choice of Flame Tree in AK. Now that Tusker House is no longer CS, Flame Tree has a meal that is good for all except the hottest of days.