PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose and fantasmic package

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-10-2008, 04:08 PM
many many years ago we did this package and thought the food was just ok, nothing special, and the seating for fantasmic was way off to one side and not a great view.

Do you know if it is the same now, (and how did you like mama melrose?)

would we be better to forget the fantasmic dinner package and try to get decent seating...we are going first week of september, so not too busy with crowds.

or do you think we should go to crystal palace in the morning and head to the studios later as the kids with us are 2, 3 and 4.

Our travel agent suggested we change our mind from the crystal palace to mama melrose so we could spend a whole day there because there is so much for little ones.

arielshouse
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
We went to Mama Melroses last year and went for the fantasmic dinner package. Honestly we loved the food but the seating for fantasmic was HORRIBLE!! However if you notice the food selections are better during the fantasmic dinner package!! My suggestion is do eat at Mama Melroses and go for the fantasmic dinner package!! Get an early ADR and take your chances on standing in line!! We are going to do that this year!! For your little one's MK has much more to offer!! DHS has mainly thrill rides and a few shows that if you have girls they would luv!! Voyage of the little mermaid, and beauty and the beast!! Maybe indiana jones: stunt spectacular and the Star tours ride for boys!! That's my opinion!! MK would be much better!! One last thing is fantasmic is a 9pm all of september and it took them pretty close to an hour to seat us last time in september so i would get an ADR for about 4:45pm!!

Jared
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Since you're traveling in September, I recommend forgoing the Fantasmic! Dinner Package and trying for better seats. The parks should be relatively uncrowded then, so you shouldn't have to wait too long to see the show. As you know, the reserved section is off to the side of the theater, so I only suggest the package to people vacationing during the busy season.

For dinner, I'm one of the few posters on this board who likes Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. I had a solid meal there in January and May 2007.

I'd probably skip The Crystal Palace and spend the day at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

:tasty:

CaptSmee
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
We tried that Fantasmic package once, and will never do it again. Complete waste of $$$ if you ask me.

adoptionislove
03-11-2008, 12:52 AM
we did the dinner package at Hollywood and VIne and are doing it again next week!

We loved it and I would'nt want to sit to close anyway. I think the heat from the show is bad even in the nosebleeds!!!!

disneydeb
03-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Dinner = great:mickey:

show seating = bad:(

jefmblrd
03-11-2008, 05:37 AM
I've never done the package, but I ate at Mama Melrose when I was on the Backstage Magic tour and didn't think it was anything special. I wouldn't go there again.

I know where the package seats are for Fantasmic, and they are not good at all. The best place to sit is just off center right or left.

Putting those two things together...the Fantasmic Dinner Package isn't a good idea.