PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing something?

natkevnol
03-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me. If I book my disney cruise through vacationstogo I can save over 50% on the time I wanted to go instead of booking through Disney. Is this one of those "too good to be true" scenarios or not?

Thanks for your answers. First time cruiser here but always open to a good deal.

Jasper
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I am sure that others who know the answer will be along soon, but I would definitely be VERY careful of such a good deal. As the saying goes, if it is too good to be true than it probably is.

A good way to know what you are dealing with is to get all the information you can from both companies and then make two columns, one for Disney and one for the other company. Then starting with one company or the other list all the features that company offers. Then try to find a matching feature from the other company. If you get done and the two lists are the same then you will likely have found a great deal. However, if you find that Disney offers a lot more then maybe the deal is not so good. (Of course, I am just assuming that the Disney package offers more.)

EpcotNut
03-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Vacationstogo is great! They are completely legit. In fact, the level of customer service I received was fantastic. I did not book a Disney Cruise through them (RC) but it was an awesome price. I say go for it - they are great! Either way, have fun!!:thumbsup:

Mommy2boys
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I notice Vacationsgoto has cheap cruises but I have never really noticed Disney ones being much cheaper. Could it be you are looking at a 3 day instead of a 7?

Good Luck.

WonderlandsMostWanted
03-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me. If I book my disney cruise through vacationstogo I can save over 50% on the time I wanted to go instead of booking through Disney. Is this one of those "too good to be true" scenarios or not?

Thanks for your answers. First time cruiser here but always open to a good deal.

Well, I checked that site for my dates, and found very little diference in price between my cruise and what they list, despite the that website claiming a 59% savings. I think you should double check with Disney... I have a feeling that when they say "brochure price" they are basing their "savings" on the high end of the price range, which are the prices that apply to the busy season. If you aren't sailing at a peak time, Disney would likely charge based on the lower end of their "brochure price" range. By advertising their price vs Disney's highest price, they appear to be a better deal than they really are.

WonderlandsMostWanted
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Also remember that the initial price you see listed on the Disney site includes trasportation from the airport of Disney resort to the cruise ship and back, as well as Disney vacation insurance. For two of us booking for our cruise, that's almost $300. The website you mentioned probably doesn't include the transportation and insurance in their initial posted price, which also makes their price appear more attractive. (On a related note, you can remove those options from the Disney direct package if you don't want them.)

I'd say make sure you really do your homework and find out exactly what's included in each price before you book anything, or provide any financial information, to anyone.

Turk82
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I have been pleased with my interactions with vacationstogo (HAL), but I also have not found their prices to be better on Disney than anywhere else. The listed price on their website is often "unavailable" and does NOT include taxes and fees (or ground transfers, trip insurance, airfare, etc). Anyway, be sure you ask your questions and I would recommend a travel agent (usually doesn't cost more - unless you cancel, sometimes there is a nominal processing fee for canceling) for your first cruise anyway.