PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions!

Yano
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM
hi,
we are going in 1 week :joy::yay::joy::yay:
there are my DH, the kids DD11, DS9, DS4, DDinfant, and me.
I have read the intercots sugestions about what to bring,and made a list of my own, but I need your input please.
since I will start packing tonight,what do you guys think are the most important things to pack, and what are the important things to have with you in the parks?
thanks
:flower::flower:

DakotaDisney
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Bring some zip lock bags to put items in that you don't want to get wet on water rides.

They also work well for packing things in a suitcase or carry-on with the new airline restricutions on liquids, etc.

MsMin
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
So many things, so few bags... It will be getting quite sunny so check your suntan lotion and bathing suits. When I had little ones I always traveled w/ snacks and frozen juice boxes. So many snacks in the park are not kiddie sized and are wasted if not shared. Remember to bring a couple of very light blankets for your infant b/c it will help keep the sun off the tender skin but losing too much fluid w/ perspiration can be a hazard. Plenty of fluids too for the baby b/c they can lose a lot just sitting in the stroller.
I pre-charge my batteries b/c it's such a pain to get there and your batteries need charging and you miss the first couple pics:(.
What about entertainment for those long stressful moments w/ 4 kiddies? ID planning for the older ones b/c they may want to ride something w/o out since you have the babies.
I don't know how long you are staying but bringing a small container of laundry detergent ( I got a 4 load bottle of tide for $1 @ target and it was 4.59 @ disney...
Have a great time :minnie:

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree with the other posters....take as much as you can from home. The prices of toiletries, detergent, etc is a little expensive once you get to Disney. I also say to make sure you take clothes you can layer. Like a light long sleeved shirt, maybe a sweatshirt or two. Our DD even has some of those pants that zip off to make capri's or shorts. I know it might seem like a lot to have to keep up with given the large number of you, but it's better than freezing to death or having to go back and forth to the hotel to change. It often seems pretty chilly once the sun goes down, IMHO. Hope this tip helps! :mickey: Most importantly HAVE F~U~N~

Tick-Tock
03-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Items not to forget to pack:

Chargers for all electronics. Extra memory cards for digital cameras (mark them with your name & cell phone number in case they're lost). Extra film for non-digital cameras.

Hats & sunglasses.

Handy wipes. Band-aids and moleskin for blisters. Pain relievers. Perhaps something for upset stomachs. Any allergy meds or other meds.

quicksand
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
we always try to bring shiny new pennies for the pressed penny machines

IloveDisney71
03-10-2008, 02:01 PM
I always pack my cameras first.
I always make sure I bring extra tennis shoes and plenty of extra socks in case mine get wet due to water rides and/or rain.
Have fun!!!

cal5755
03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I totally agree with packing layers. Make sure you have sweatshirts for when the sun goes down. I also agree.. bring your own detergent and shampoo etc. Ziploc bags are a must!! Sunscreen... children's tylenol.

Also I suggest you pack an extra suitcase. Just put a pillow or 2 light blankets in it. This way you have a suitcase with extra room for special Disney presents. My kids collect things around the parks from napkins to cups etc the extra suitcase is a big help when packing for the trip home.

Also I just wanted to share something else my mom and I do for my kids. We go out to our local Disney store (or walmart etc.) and buy the kids a disney stuffed toy (mickey, cinderella, jasmine, dumbo...whatever) and when we get to the hotel dh takes them to explore and we put them on the beds...this way they have something new, a memory from Disney and it is less money. USUALLY the cast members arrange the animals in cute positions around the room for the kids too.

Hope you have magical vacation!!

Tink's Mom
03-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Along with all of the things already mentioned, I like to bring two or three small plastic baskets. They nest inside each other, and when I place them in my suitcase, I just pack things in them. Once in our room, when I unpack, I put toiletries, combs, brushes, even snacks in them, and then place them on the shelves next to the sink area. It makes getting ready for the day so easy. I would feel lost if I forgot them. (OCD?, maybe a little :blush:). Have a great trip!

27 more days for us!!!

Tygger7
03-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Okay, this may sound a little silly, but take some plastic/paper cups. Great for rinsing after brushing, and for those late night drinks of water. After seeing a new story about glassware not being cleaned in hotel rooms, we always pack cups now.

Also, make sure you pack all your camera supplies...tapes, memory cards, batteries, chargers, etc. Take plenty of change for laundry and/or the penny press machines, Another great suggestion was to prepare envelopes for Mousekeeping to put tips in.

Have a great trip!!

Yano
03-11-2008, 12:32 AM
thanks all,
great ideas, very helpfull:mickey:
:flower::flower:

adoptionislove
03-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Yano,

I am so glad you posted this! We leave friday and these tips are so helpful!

I am off to prepare mousekeeping envelopes....

teambricker04
03-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Your littlest may like a front carrier or sling for riding rides. Ours was a lifesaver during our last trip and we'll be using one again on our next!

Have fun!!!!

I am off to start making my lists!!!:mickey:

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 02:39 PM
I always go to the dollar store to pick up things like.....rain coats (hate to think about rain, but the coats at Disney are expensive)...Disney character autograph book, pen, etc.... Saves a lot of money! Have a great time!! :cool:

King Triton
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
My strategy is to dress for cold on the flight: long pants, sweatshirt and a light jacket (preferably water resistant). Once you get to Orlando, you can get rid of the sweatshirt and jacket. You'll likely need one or both if it rains or gets cold at night or in the morning. Just last weekend, there was a morning or two in the low 40's/high 30's.

Another thing is to bring two pairs of walking shoes, not one. I'm glad I did that last weekend as it rained hard at night two consecutive nights. My sneakers got soaked thru and weren't completely dry by the next morning, so I wore the other pair...then the next day switched back (its good to alternate anyway).

Also bring the obvious stuff: sunglasses, sunscreen, reading glasses if you need them, etc.

WriteDisney
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Sometimes when I'm packing, I get so uptight about remembering things like towels, magazines and sunblock, I forget the most important things! So now whenever I go I do a check: Keys, Wallet (with appropriate cards and money), Cell (Charger!), and most importantly tickets (airline, parks, reservation info for hotel).. for me sunblock is extremely important as well.. :)

The passporter guide has a great check list, if you haven't picked it up already it has great planning info.