PDA

View Full Version : ADR observation and question?

Janmac
03-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Booked our ADRs yesterday afternoon for our Sept. trip with breakfasts at Kona, Cape May and Crystal Palace twice, lunch at 50s Prime Time (rest CS), and suppers at Olivia's, Marrakesh, Boatwrights, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Akershus, Spirit of Aloha Luau, 1900 Park Faire, and finishing up at Trail's End Kitchen at FW. Can you tell we like to eat at the World? :thumbsup:

Here's the observation from the title above: I was surprised at the spread of our ADR numbers. Believe it or don't this isn't a lot of ADRs for us. I think I remember only the last two numbers changing, back in the 90s. Last couple of trips, the last 3 numbers changed, but by the time we got done yesterday, the 4th number over had changed. Lots of reservations being made - times're changing.

And now for the question, which is probably silly: where, physically, are the CMs located that are taking these ADRs? :confused:

I've always sort of pictured folks at computers with a view of Cinderella's Castle out the window but I'm pretty sure this is as realistic as the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin. :blush:

Anybody got any info on this? Thanks!

Jan

drhama
03-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I had noticed the huge spread in the numbers last year when I made our ADRs. Pretty amazing. Due to make this years ressies on the 30th. Making myslef nuts trying to line up the dining locations with the park hours.
I too had this weird picture of a bank of 40s style operators sitting in front of the castle with the old headsets and alll those wires answering phones. Somehow, don't think that is an accurate picture for today.

MissStyles
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I just made ressies on Thurs and the guy I spoke with said everyone doing bookings whether it's the dining or hotel, etc. is located in Orlando. (If it's in front of the Castle that I'm not sure!) I was thinking the same thing about the ADR confirmation numbers. Within like the 30 seconds between making my first and second the number went up over 10. That's a lot of ressies in less than a minute! This morning I made an ADR for someone at work (I'm the resident Disney TA here :D) and I also noticed the first two numbers are 49. Before we know it we'll be in the 5s!!!

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought for sure the CM's were actually in the casle!!! LOL! Does make you wonder where you're calling for those ressies. I think I'll ask next time I call. :thumbsup:

MOJoe
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I thought for sure the CM's were actually in the casle!!! LOL!

They used to be in the Castle. But since the Castle Suite was built they had to move to The Wonders of Life Pavillion. :secret: