PDA

View Full Version : Help - confused about buses!!!

Belle619
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Hi all,
In three weeks my sister and I will be making our second trip to WDW. Last time, we really only managed to see the parks, but this time we want to make sure to see DTD and the BW - but a recent post about buses really confused me! :confused:

Ok, we'll be at AK our first day and then we planned on heading over to the Boardwalk for dinner - can we do this on one bus?

Also, we'll be at Epcot our third day and we thought about going over to DTD later that night - we have to take a bus to a resort and then DTD - correct?

Thanks in advance for the help!

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
You can take the Boardwalk Resort bus from the Animal Kingdom. The stop will be clearly marked and it shouldn't be a problem at all, one bus.

You can catch a bus to Downtown Disney from any resort. If you're leaving from Epcot, it will probably be easiest to walk over, exiting from the International Gateway, to catch a Downtown Disney bus from the Beach/Yacht Club areas. Or you could bus back to your own resort and then catch the Downtown Disney bus from there.

bleukarma
03-10-2008, 09:55 AM
When you leave AK for the Boardwalk, just hope on a bus to the Boardwalk resort. Or you can catch one for Yacht Club or Beach Club if they come first, since those resorts are also located on the Boardwalk. Once you go to the resort just walk through to the back and you're there! :mickey:

Yes, from Epcot to DTD you have to catch a bus to a resort and then one to DTD.

Have fun!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
03-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Like others have said, from AK, head on the BW bus when you leave. This will be the easiest and non-confusing way to get there. Getting back will be harder. If you have park hoppers, you can walk back through Epcot (if its open) and head to your resort bus from there. If it isn't open, and MGM is, you can catch a boat (or walk) to MGM and catch a bus from there. Now, if you are there and NO park is open, you will need to head to DTD and catch your resort bus. If you are way to confused, you can always call for a cab to take you to your resort. It shouldn't be more than about $20.

From Epcot, you have a few options.
Depending on where you are in Epcot, I would suggest heading to the International Gateway between the UK and France, and catch a DTD bus from the Beach Club (the first resort on your right). If you aren't near the World Showcase (say you just finished SSE or just don't feel like walking that far), you can catch a bus to any resort, then hop on the DTD bus. The resorts closest to DTD are Saratoga Springs, POR/FQ, OKW. I know there are boats that go to DTD from POR/FQ, and I do believe they have boats from the other resorts listed as well. You can have a nice leisurely ride to DTD from there!

If all this blabber is confusing you, to go the Getting Around WDW (http://intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp) section of Info Central, and it should be easily explained for you! Note: The DTD bus to and from the TTC no longer runs.

LovinDisney08
03-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Depending on where you are staying the ferryboat is a great way to get to DTD. Boats run from Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter, Key West, and Saratoga Spring resorts. They ferry boat usually takes around 20 minutes from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney. It sounds like a long time, but there are lots of things to look at on the way. We always stay at POR and that is our most favorite way to get there.

bruin1344
03-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Just be aware if you stay at Boardwalk to later hours, bus services end and you have to taxi back to resort. The taxis are pretty cheap though.

faline
03-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Bus service runs until close to 2 in the morning. If you bus back to Pleasure Island, you can get a bus from that location to your resort until 2 a.m.