PDA

View Full Version : Non-Park, Non-Character Breakfast or Lunch Suggestions Please

bleukarma
03-10-2008, 09:18 AM
In May two of my friends, my great aunt, and me are driving up to WDW and going to the P&P Party on a Friday and we’re staying over one night through Saturday. The party is Friday night and we already have dinner ADR’s for The Plaza in MK before the party starts. I can’t decide where to eat Saturday (my birthday! woot!). We will probably already be back in Tampa at dinner time so I’m looking for either breakfast or lunch. Here is some info:

-It can’t be at a park since we won’t have park tickets for Saturday. Just resort or DTD suggestions, please!
-No character meals. Our group just isn’t into them, we would prefer a non-character meal.
-My great aunt is on a limited diet (she can only eat soft foods) so I kind of feel like a buffet would be a waste. But I would be willing to do it and just call ahead of time to make sure there is something there she can eat.
-No Kona lunch. I’ve done it before, I would prefer to do something that I haven’t done before (and I think Kona is the only TS I have actually done outside of the parks).
-It will be on my birthday! whee!!
-One of my friends has NEVER been to WDW! I would kind of like to make it interesting for her.

I’ve been racking my brain and I’m kind of embarrassed that I can’t come up with a decision. I’ve been going back and forth between breakfast and lunch. This is where I need your help! Give me your favorites…all suggestions are appreciated!!! :mickey:

WishingStar2006
03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Here are a few of my favorites...

Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge - the breakfast skillet there is wonderful.

Grand Floridian Cafe...not 1900 Park Fare (it's a buffet) but the restaurant....very nice atmosphere, great food...might be perfect for a ladies birthday celebration!

Wolfgang Puck's at Downtown Disney - again, great atmosphere and great food.

Enjoy and Happy Birthday!

Maleficent's Dad
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Some good b'fast options for sit-down (no characters listed!):

WCC at the WL

Olivia's at OKW

Boma at AKL (it is a buffet, however)

Spoodles at BW

Grand Floridian Cafe at GF

Captain's Grill at the YC

MissStyles
03-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I've heard nothing but nice things about the Grand Floridian Cafe for either breakfast or lunch. I think it would be a lovely atmosphere to celebrate a birthday! :mickey:

SBETigg
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is a great choice for breakfast or lunch, but also consider if a Grand Floridian Tea (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/gftea.asp)would work our for you. That could be a special birthday treat. :mickey:

eam
03-10-2008, 11:35 AM
My vote is for Grand Floridian Cafe. What a great way to start a birthday. It is so relaxing. The food is great, and so is the service.
No matter where you decide, have a great day and a wonderful birthday!!

ElenitaB
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
There are several breakfast options that come to mind: Boatwright's, Olivia's, Boma (I think it would offer the best options for your aunt with a wide variety of fruit, cooked cereal, scrambled eggs, and she can pick and chose what best suits her and not be limited to a plated meal).

I'm going to second Sherri's suggestion for Afternoon Tea, which would be a great way to celebrate your birthday and also serve as a late lunch before your drive back to Tampa.

BTW, Happy Birthday!

wilshade
03-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Breakfast - Fresh at the Dolphin

It's a bit of work to get there if you are not staying at Swan or Dolphin, but it is the best place I have been in WDW for breakfast. You can have their buffet (complete with made to order omlettes, pancakes, and waffles) or order from the menu.

It's away from the bustle and gives you an opportunity to take a look at a couple of nice hotels.

Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe

Folks are not suggesting this place on a whim. It's elegant, charming, and well prepared and presented food.

I have not been there for breakfast, but I think it would be equal in quality to the lunch service.

diz_girl
03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Another vote for the Grand Floridian Cafe. The atmosphere is one of casual elegance and the fodd and service are excellent.

Mary M
03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I know you don't want Kona's lunch, but their breakfast is fantastic.