PDA

View Full Version : Yacht Club - Concierge Floor Upgrade?

cindybarth
03-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi everyone ... we've been hearing about the "concierge floor" at the Yacht Club ... anyone been on that floor? Does it cost more? Is it worth it? My husband heard from someone at work that their friend (so this is very 3rd party!) got a FREE upgrade ... I'd love to be informed before we get there on 4/2/08 ... thanks! :thumbsup:

sloslo
03-10-2008, 09:47 AM
The concierge floor usually offers better and more personalized service. You usually get snacks and afternoon drinks, etc. They can also help u with dinner rezs, etc.

sloslo
03-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Left a few things out. I never stayed at that hotel at the concierge floor but they do cost more and, to me, it's probably not worth it. I got a free upgrade many years ago and that was great but, at the time, it was like an extra 75 a night so I wouldn't have paid for it.

Taja
03-10-2008, 01:00 PM
The Regatta Club at YC is very nice. Also very well booked. They have a number of "regulars"--some of whom visit a couple of times each month.

I'm guessing the probability of a free upgrade is minimal.

But you can always hope--and sometimes dreams come true! :)

WhiteRose1
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
If you plan on using the concierge services, eat at the lounge instead of going to dinner, it can be worth it.

How much do you think Breakfast, Lunch and a snack would cost in WDW for a family of 4? If more than the upgrade charge, then it is a deal.

If you can feed your family at Disney for less than the upgrade fee, then it's not a good deal. It just depends on how you use the services!

I tend to like to go 'all out' on my trips, so if I have to save for an extra year for those things, then I'm saving an extra year. I also use the services I'm paying for! If I'm not going to use it, then why pay?

Do the math, budget it, that will help you decide if it is worth the $$$!

I got upgraded at a recent convention (Marriott -in MD) because I asked if they had anything closer to the lobby -we got conceriege rooms! Do not count on it, and be pleasantly surprised if your 'wish' comes true!