PDA

View Full Version : New Amsterdam

NotaGeek
03-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Ok, this week is on Episode 3 ... has anyone else picked this show up? It's AWESOME ... with eye candy! Great storyline ... you guys should check out the back episodes on the Official New Amsterdam Website (http://www.fox.com/newamsterdam/) on fox.com ... fewer commercials! Is anyone else a fan yet?

ChipnDaleGal
03-10-2008, 05:55 AM
I watched both of the episodes last week, and I agree, it is awesome. Love the premise, and love the lead actor. I remember him from Black Hawk Down. He reminds me of Viggo Motensen and David Wenham (two of my favorite crushes) kind of morphed together.

bleukarma
03-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I was actually looking forward to this show last year when they showed a commercial for it. I was disappointed when it didn't show up with the batch of new shows in the fall, but I'm glad it's here! I like it!! It's definatly one that is staying on my season pass list!!! I really hope it's here to stay for awhile. Very interesting!!!

NotaGeek
03-18-2008, 10:54 PM
This has proven to be one of my favorite late-season (or whatever it is this year thanks to that writer's strike) shows! Every week it's better and I love the back story.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I am really loving it more with each episode as well. I find myself sad at the end of one and anxious for Monday to roll around again with a new one.

Tick-Tock
03-20-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm liking it! Let's hope Fox doesn't kill it off like they have so many other great shows.

bleukarma
04-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Still getting more and more interesting. I like how in this weeks episode he found a grandson. It was fun to see the picture that he himself painted in their brewery. I don’t know what is going to happen between him and the doctor. I hope Fox picks this show up and we find out! :mickey:

WDWFanatic
04-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm really enjoying this show also. Does anyone know if it's been picked up for next year?

SBETigg
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
I like this one, too. It reminds me of the Highlander series, one of my old favorites. Great premise. Sometimes, the plots drag and I hope they get some better writers on board, but it's still watchable.

WDWFREAK101
04-15-2008, 07:40 PM
I don't want to be the negative one on here but I watched the first episode and I oculdn't even finish it. It was so boring that I couldn't get into it. Also, was it just the fact that it was a premiere or did it have WAY too many commercial breaks? There were like 7 or 8! Oh well, I think that the plot was good and they story was alright, but it failed to deliever. I think that the commercials gave all of the good stuff away. I'm sorry to be so negative but no sir, I didn't like it. Hopefully it becomes better later in the season. :number1:

NotaGeek
04-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I don't want to be the negative one on here but I watched the first episode and I oculdn't even finish it. It was so boring that I couldn't get into it. Also, was it just the fact that it was a premiere or did it have WAY too many commercial breaks? There were like 7 or 8! Oh well, I think that the plot was good and they story was alright, but it failed to deliever. I think that the commercials gave all of the good stuff away. I'm sorry to be so negative but no sir, I didn't like it. Hopefully it becomes better later in the season. :number1:
It was really good right from the beginning in my opinion, and looks like lots of folks in this thread actually like the show. I am sure you found other shows to entertain during this Spring of bad tv, because New Amsterdam really gave me something to watch in the aftermath of the writers' strike.

WDWFREAK101
04-15-2008, 08:31 PM
I am sure you found other shows to entertain during this Spring of bad tv, because New Amsterdam really gave me something to watch in the aftermath of the writers' strike.

Oh good point. Due to that writer's strike, some of my favorie shows were cancelled. Oh well, I'll try to watch it again because everybody keeps saying it is a good show.
--------------------------------------------------------
Trips
14 Times (78 days)
Next Trip: All Star Movies 6 Nights 7 days (12/12-19/08)