PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs...Any Info Please?

LoraW
03-09-2008, 09:47 PM
We have a studio in SSR in May and would appreciate any info.:scratch: Which building is best with 8 & 9 yr olds? Can you even request a certain section? What is provided in the kitchen? What about the laudry area...is it coin machines or free? I've read both ways.

Pirate Granny
03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Lots of stuff in the kitchen EXCEPT dishes ... none in the studio except some paper plates...I think there may be plastic silverware...there are pots and pans and utinsels...I think the free laundry is if you have the one-two bedroom as they located in your unit...I think the pay laundry is over by the pool and is for those of us in studio's which don't have facilities in the room. We were in the building closest to the Springs building 4101-4436 and we were on the first floor the corner room, closest to main pool, main buildings and bus stop right outside our door...Couldn't ask for anything better...BUT...we didn't have a car so it was very convenient...some of the other buildings had great locations, but IMO if I didn't mind the walk I may be tempted to ask for the Congress Park Area facing DTD.
Enjoy
:pirate:

LoraW
03-10-2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks! We will be in a studio as well so now I know to bring quarters for the laundry!

crazykids
03-10-2008, 08:24 AM
We just came back from a studio stay at Saratoga a couple weeks ago. Pool area was very nice, but we didn't use it since it was on the chilly side. We stayed in the Springs section and while this is the closest to the main lobby, I still felt it was a little bit of a walk to get to everything. The guest laundry is over by the main pool area. I didn't use it on this trip, but in other DVC resorts, the laundry has always been free to use (no quarters needed!). Unless they've changed something, that's what I've experienced. The kitchen contained a microwave, toaster, sink, & small refridgerator. They give you a couple paper plates & bowls with some plastic untensils & a few mugs. The mugs were so tiny, I had to go out & buy a bigger one! The resort was beautiful & we never waited long for a bus. My only complaint is that it is a very large resort & everything seemed like a long walk to get anywhere. I was with a 2 & 3 year old, so this could have factored in the long walks! While not my first resort chice, I'd definitely stay here again.

sillyolbear
03-10-2008, 09:01 AM
You can place a request for a specific section. The Springs is the section closet to the main pool and Carriage House where check-in and the dining facilities are located.

If it is a crowded time when are traveling, the Grandstands might be an option as it is the first bus stop in the complex. The Springs is the last and at peak times the buses can get crowded.