PDA

View Full Version : Epcot "Gardens of the World" Tour

SignguyTom
03-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Hey, all!

My wife is interested in doing the Gardens of the World Tour in Epcot during our trip this coming May. We saw an ad for it, but the only details were the dates it was being offered.

Just a couple questions:

The tour is in World Showcase...What time(s) do they generally offer it...Do they generally do it before the WS is open to the public...or do you fight the throngs...?

Any help is greatly appreciated. TYIA!

Pirate Granny
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
i did this tour a couple of years back...some of the tour was in Future World explaining the planting and the beds around SSE and over by the land, a bit about the flowers around the water ponds in future land... off to mexico, norway and china and explanation of why they use the plants and colors chosen...off to Germany and explanation of the little train village and the care required...a bit on the water gardens in Japan...don't remember much on Italy or Morocco...I believe France we did a bit on their set gardens and then the maze at GB...and then last to Canada to explain how they did the gardens and taking care of the plants on the 'mountain'...It was interesting...but I better enjoyed the undiscovered facts of EPCOT (can't remember the exact name, and we got passes to watch the illuminations that evening from the island in Italy...much to my dismay we left BEFORE the fireworks)...
If you are into gardening you will enjoy...if you're into an overall experience I would try the undiscovered tour...remember to get the discount if you have a Disney Charge Card or Annual Pass.
:pirate:

where_else
03-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Hi, you might want to check directly with Disney. On another site, this is listed as discontinued as of 6/9/07. We were interested in taking this tour or the Hidden Treasures at Epcot, but never made it before they ended. :( If you find out differently, please let us know, I'd love to do one of these tours.

Followthatmouse
03-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I believe they have discontinued this tour. But, please check with Disney to make sure. It was a worthwhile tour. The guide was always a senior gardener, the information interesting and the gardens themselves, a joy. You see each country and floral display with new eyes following this tour. It will be missed.

SignguyTom
03-11-2008, 09:56 AM
We saw that it was being offered in out latest DVC member magazine. Do you think it's only for DVC members?