PDA

View Full Version : Pay in advance?

LoriR
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Can I pay the gratuities in advance, before I even get on the ship? I thought I read that somewhere, but there does not seem to be that option on the cruise web site.

Also, does anyone know if I can reserve the wine package(and pay for that) in advance of our cruise? We want to surprise the in-laws since they are treating us to the trip.

Thanks!

laguna
03-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes, you can pay your gratuities in advance. We recently prepaid our gratuities at the time of booking our cruise. This was done through a travel agent. It is possible, but I'm not sure if it has to be done at the time of booking or not.

No idea on the wine package...sorry :)!

DisneyDudet
03-09-2008, 10:43 PM
From what I understand, you can add amounts to your on board credit (OBC), and use that to pay off your gratuities once on the ship. I may be wrong, but that is what I understand about this process!

I do not know about the wine package, sorry!

TheDuckRocks
03-10-2008, 11:12 AM
At any time you can call DCL and have an On Board Credit put on your reservation for any amount of money you would like. Before our cruise I roughly figured out the cost of tipping, the shore excursions, an amount for any alcoholic beverages we might want, our Palo dining and our couples massage on Castaway Cay and phoned and had a credit issued to my credit card. As I use a Disney Visa doing it in advance I also had reward dollars to use while we were at the parks. When we left the ship we only had an additional $18.23 to pay! How cool was that..........no future credit card bill.
About the wine package you can go directly to the DCL website and get all the info about the various wine packages and other gifts you can give. Some you can order directly from the website and some you need to call, I think the ones that are alcohol.
Hope this helps.