PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - 180 people - what to do??

Sharon1026
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Hey there,
We have a VERY large work outing and are staying that the contemporary for 3 nights in June. We'll have about 180 people total - all are families.

I'm trying to think of things to do (besides the parks) that are low cost or free.

Any ideas?? Wandering around downtown disney is one thing... but I wanted to give some suggestions for some actual activities....
Thanks!
:stitch:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Although it would be hard for all 180 people to do things all at once, there are a couple of things that jump to mind:

- head out to Animal Kingdom Lodge and look at the animals. I believe that there are areas where you can talk with a CM and use the night vision glasses.

- someone in your group (hopefully not you) could create a scavenger hunt...especially for the kids where they have to get their picture taken at a bunch of different places around the resort (or even different resorts, depending on how hard you want to make it)

- the campfire and movie at Fort Wildnerness is also free

Sounds like it is going to be an amazing gathering :mickey:

BronxTigger
03-09-2008, 08:21 PM
There's mini-golf. I believe it's about $10/person, which for Disney is pretty low cost. There's 2 regular putt-putt courses next to Blizzard Beach (Winter Summerland) and another 1 regular putt-putt course plus a harder style course that are across the street from the Swan (Fantasia Gardens).

Aurora
03-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Go to the Boardwalk Resort -- walk around and enjoy the people and sights, rent surrey bikes, go to the ESPN club. If it's a weekend there should be some live entertainment there too. (Maybe since it's June there's entertainment every night -- I'm not sure since we usually go in the off-season but someone else here will know!)

faline
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
For such a large gathering, I'd suggest working with Disney's Group Sales Department (http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/events/LG/overview?name=DPELGOverviewPage&CMP=OTC-EventsOCCCVan).

Sharon1026
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks all!

King Triton
03-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow, thats a big group! I hope you all have a blast.

A couple of suggestions:
1. Don't try to do anything with the whole group. You wind up going the pace of the slowest person or family.

2. Here's my only suggestion (besides having fun in general). Have each family pick up a copy of Steve Barrett's "Hidden Mickey's" book (you can get them at home or you can buy them onsite), then designate a time period...could be a couple of hours or all or part of a day. Let each family take off and see how many hidden mickey's they can find (the book assigns points for each one). Have some kind of prize (maybe a Disney gift card) for the family that comes up with the most. You would have to go on the honor system, or if you have to be strict, make them photograph them. This is pretty similar to the scavenger hunt idea posted earlier, which I also like.