PDA

View Full Version : Any stories about celebrating Bday at The World?

chicklittlemom
03-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I am planning a trip during my DS 8th Bday.:party: This would be my dream, :cloud9: but I'm trying to come up with some neat things for him. Has anyone celebrated their Bday at the World? Can you give me some ideas or hints of things to do for him? For example, is there any way I could arrange for him to meet his favorite character? Any thing special they might do for him at our resort (WL)? Thanks for any help! (I hope I put this in the right board!)

poohbearlover15
03-09-2008, 02:26 PM
I celebrated my 12th birthday at disney and it was amazing! My favorite character is poohbear so before our trip my mom asked caribbean beach if they did anything for birthdays and they said yes and all they needed to know what my name was and who my favorite character was. When we got back to the room there was poohbear balloons and an autographed card and picture signed my pooh, piglet, tigger and eeyore! Also in the morning mickey and stitch woke me up to say happy birthday! Im sure your DS will be happy with whatever you do!:party:

Mommy2boys
03-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I am planning my DS 2nd birthday and would appreciate some tips also.

faline
03-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Here is some general information about celebrating birthdays at Disney World (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp)!

joanna71985
03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I have spent the past 3 birthdays at WDW (and will be again this summer). Probably the most exciting thing that has happened was that I was picked as an extra for the Indiana Jones show. It was awsome!! I also eat in CRT for lunch. Sooooo good.

chicklittlemom
03-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks, Faline, for the link. There were some great suggestions there. The idea about the T-shirt was great. He would love that. But one other question....Is City Hall in MK the only place you can get a birthday button? He wants to go to Epcot for his Bday and we don't have Park Hoppers. If MK is the only place to get the button, I guess I could go the day before and get it for him. Would they let me do that?

joanna71985
03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Faline, for the link. There were some great suggestions there. The idea about the T-shirt was great. He would love that. But one other question....Is City Hall in MK the only place you can get a birthday button? He wants to go to Epcot for his Bday and we don't have Park Hoppers. If MK is the only place to get the button, I guess I could go the day before and get it for him. Would they let me do that?

You can get the birthday button at any GR at any of the parks.

chicklittlemom
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks, Joanna. You guys are the best!
:rocks:

I would never plan my trip without you all!

joanna71985
03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
You're welcome.:)

Disneymom4ever
03-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Last time we went, we celebrated my Ds 8th birthday there. To this day, he says it was his best birthday yet! Make sure and get a b-day button, he's never heard so many happy b-days in one day! We did Chef Mickeys that morning, and all the characters danced around singing Happy Birthday. It was so great! Just to let you know, we stayed at AS Sports, and nothing special was done for him there. So if it happens, take it as a bonus.

Now we're going again next week, and celebrating my other Ds 15th b-day there. I made him a shirt with Goofy on the front (his favorite) and underneath it says "Today is my birthday" and on the back "and I spent it as Disney World!". It is so cute!! I'm going to give it to him that morning to wear. (If you want to pm me, I can give you the website, they were great!). He also chose to do the Hoop De Doo that night. I don't think there's a better place to celebrate a birthday, especially for kids! :mickey: