PDA

View Full Version : Accomodations for 6

martinfamily5
03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
We have a delema. We are a family of 5 and go to Disney just about every October. We have stayed the past few years in POR Alligator Bayou with the trudel bed. This work great for our family. This year we will have a foreign exchange student that will be with us, so POR 1 room won't work. We are looking for recommondations from our Intercot family. We have to try to keep this affordable or we just won't be able to go. We don't want our family to miss our trip together . Also, this is our oldest childs senior year in high school and I am afraid that our trips will change once she is in college. We are cutting down the number of days of our trip to make it a little more affordable. HELP!!!!! Thank you so much for all of your input and advice.

KarenP
03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
I suggest either the Fort Wilderness Cabins, All Star Family Suites or you can do 2 rooms at a value resort.

tink'72
03-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I would suggest staying off property at a vacation house with a party of 6. I have 6 as well. We stay at a house each year we go and love it! Staying in the house gives the kids the ability to have a little more freedom. In the house we stay at there are 4 bedrooms 3 baths and our own pool on a lake. Just beautiful!

princessesmom
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
We are a family of 6 and stay at FW in a cabin. This works really well for us. There is a bedroom with a set of bunks and a double bed. There is a double murphy bed in the living room, also. There is a full kitchen. We don't do much cooking, but we generally have breakfast there every morning which saves time and money. And we stock up on snacks and drinks, which also saves money. The cabins aren't cheap, but are the least expensive option for 6 close to MK. It sounds like your children are older, so that may not matter as much to you. Two rooms at a Value or a value suite would be less and you would have two bathrooms. Which might be better for you.

Laughin' place
03-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Im with princess on this one. This is our first time as a family of six (my lovely new bride and her two first-timer sons), and we are staying at FW cabins. This will be my second stay at the cabins, and I highly recommend them. Not only are they a great, homey, private way to stay (where you dont have to worry about the boys making noise and disturbing the neighbors), but FW is a destination in itself. You can save some of the higher room cost by having breakfast (or other meals) in the cabin. Please let me know if you choose this path, and how you like it. We will be there in 82 days !!:cap:

CleveSJM
03-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Being a father of 4, I have crunched these numbers numerous times.

Staying on-site, two connecting rooms at a Value is the most affordable option. For about $90 more a night, you can go FW cabins. The Family Suites seem a lot worse to me than the 2 connecting Values. You get a fridge but lose two real beds. And it's $20 more...

The room-only price matrix (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/rates/default.asp)is pretty handy for this.

Breaks down like this (assuming value season, the only time to go. Other times the cost is still relative):

2 Value Rooms (Sleeps 8): (not guaranteed connecting but NEVER heard of anyone not getting them) $164 (best deal, 4 beds, 2 bathrooms)

POR Trundle (Sleeps 5): $149

Family Suite - Music (Sleeps 6): $184 (included fridge but only 2 beds, queen and queen pullout)

FW Cabin (Sleeps 6): $255

2 connecting Moderates (Sleeps 8): $298

Moderate Jr. Suite (Sleeps 6): $340

OKW or SS 2 Bedroom Villa (Sleeps 8): $530

Tink1
03-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Where is your exchange student from?

Nanc

dmallan
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Our family of 5 adults just stayed at All Star Music in January in two connecting rooms. I'm sure a family of six would fit comfortably as well. It's nice to have two bathrooms and also a little privacy between rooms when needed.

We went during valu season and got the rooms for $65.50 each with our AAA rate! I didn't book through AAA, we used MJ, but booking room-only they are able to get you the discounted rate. It was a great deal for us, and gave us a good amount of space as well.

stitch34
03-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Here is another vote for two rooms at a value resort. We have had to do this a couple times and it always works out nice for us. While not guaranteed we have always had our connecting room request granted.

magicofdisney
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
From another family of six I vote for the connecting rooms at a value resort. This is the way we always go and it works wonderfully. You get the 4 beds plus two bathrooms and two TVs. You are on site so you receive those benefits as well. Have fun! :mickey:

Tink#64
03-10-2008, 11:49 PM
We went with extended family a few years ago, DM, DB & his DGF & her DD. We all had ressies at Pop. We didn't not ask for connecting rooms but the CM bent over backwards to get them for us! We had only asked to try & be in the same bulding in the same general area! Disney CM's are fantastic & if you request connecting rooms when you make your initial ressie & call back to the resort directly the day before you arrive (when your ressie info is at the resort instead of at central reservations) you should have a great chance of connecting rooms.

This is definitely the most cost effective way to go! Good luck & I hope you have a magical trip! :tink:

BritCody
03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
We have a family of 5 and on our last 2 trips and on our up coming trip we have had 2 connecting rooms at All Star Movies. We prefer to have actual beds over the pull out beds