PDA

View Full Version : AK Construction

beets
03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
We are in the final planning stages of our December trip and one warning we received was that construction was on-going at the AK and were wondering if anyone recently stayed there and what was the impact of that construction on anyone's stay?

snerd475
03-09-2008, 02:16 PM
I received the same warning when I booked last Sept., but I honestly would not have even known anything was going on, had I not been notified prior. It was not loud or anything. Of course, I was there on a Friday and over a weekend, but still, you will be in parks during the day when the workers would be there making noise.

Go, enjoy! It's a great resort.

CaptSmee
03-10-2008, 11:33 PM
I was warned by my travel agent that there was construction going on, but that it should not be noticeable to us at all during our trip. We are staying there in May for the 1st time!:cool:

tennantsrwe
03-11-2008, 07:41 AM
:mickey:I think the warning is more of a precautionary thing. I would hope, since it's Disney, they would do all they could to not disturb the guests. Obviously there may be a few times when you hear construction work if you're around during the day, but even then it shouldn't be too bad. And I know they finish up pretty early so nobody is disturbed during the evening hours. I would check out where exactly construction is going on and then try to request a room farther away from it, if possible. Just to be on the safe side.

ThanxForNoticin
03-11-2008, 08:39 PM
We were at the VAKL last week, and the construction was not a problem. If you are outside on the balcony during the day, you can see some of the construction cranes and might hear some of the vehicles. But in the room and at the pool during the day, you really don't know anything is going on. And at night, the construction is not going on, so it's even quieter. Again, it should not cause you any problems during your stay. Ironically, we actually sought out some of the construction to check out what was going on! They are definitely making progress, so hopefully this construction is a non-issue in a few months.