Columbia Harbor House
Have you had any meals there?
Were they good?
Do you need ressies?
I would like a change from Pecos Bills or Pinnochios. :thanks:

#1donaldfan
03-09-2008, 09:36 AM
No ressies as it's a CS eatery.....

The fish n chips and chick strips are great......that's about as far as we've gone with the menu....it's just a quick fix in the middle of the day.....:mickey:

Hull-onian
03-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Columbia Harbor House sounds like it is in a good location in Magic Kingdom. We are doing Tomorrowland first, Fantasyland second, and then before we go to Frontierland, I think it will be the ideal place to have a nice in between meal or snack. This is great. :tiphat:

merlinmagic4
03-09-2008, 10:15 AM
It's my favorite place to eat! I always (so far) get the tuna sandwich and love it! They have other great sandwiches, too. We like to eat upstairs; sometimes it is a lot quieter up there :thumbsup:

wilshade
03-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Oh yes! I have enjoyed Columbia Harbor House many, many times.

One thing to remember . . . Dont forget to check upstairs. A table up there can be very relaxing even during a busy time.

bob6572
03-09-2008, 10:39 AM
CHH is our favorite counter service at MK. It's fairly quiet and offers a few different items. It's not the big open cafe set up like Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays. Location between Fastasyland and Liberty Square a plus as well.

Jared
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Columbia Harbour House is my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, and my family has lunch there every trip.

It's so big that it's always easy to find a table. And if everything looks filled, remember to try upstairs. Few people realize there are more tables up there, and it's a nice little secret.

The fried items on the menu are good, but I particularly like the sandwiches and soup. My favorite meal is the half-sandwich/soup combo platter with a cup of New England clam chowder and half of the hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw sandwich.

:tasty:

Speedy1998
03-09-2008, 11:18 AM
This is my favorite counter service.
I have been getting Chiken strips there for 20+ years. Also if you are looking for something a little different they have great chilli.

Belle_0717
03-09-2008, 11:55 AM
This is a great CS restaurant. My DH and I have tried everything on the menu. My DH loves the tuna sandwich(It's the only place we ever get tunafish out.)The upstairs seating is definatley much quieter and more relaxed.

Vintage Disney
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM
I agree that CHH is a nice relatively quiet place to have lunch. Chicken strips are good. I used to get the vegetarian chili bowl but the last time I had it it was not good.

RedheadWriter
03-09-2008, 01:05 PM
The galley Salad is hands down my favorite sald anywhere!!!!! The pineapple and feta cheese combination in it is SOOOO good!:mickey:

wendy*darling
03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Another :thumbsup: for Columbia Harbor House.

I also love the Garden Galley Salad. DH likes the Lighthouse Sandwich (hummus, tomato & broccoli slaw).
Fish and chicken strips are good as well.

With a couple of good veggie and non-fried options- it''s easier to eat healthier here than most other CS locations.
But don't worry, if you need French Fries- they have those too. ;)

BriarRose0708
03-10-2008, 12:03 PM
MMMMM, I LOVE the CHH! It's in a fantastic location between Adventureland and Frontierland. Plus, you can see the wait time for the Haunted Mansion from the upstairs windows! Seating is usually easy to find, especially at dinner time. I was there during peak season (Easter) last year, and we had an entire section of the upstairs room to ourselves at 6:30 pm. The food is really yummy, too. The clam chowder and sandwich combo is my favorite, but if you're in the mood for fish or chicken strips they are great too! Enjoy your meal there!

#1donaldfan
03-10-2008, 12:35 PM
it's me again.....I just had to second the clam chowder.....I forgot my DD gets that....and.....upstairs is the best !!!:thumbsup:

Von-Drake
03-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I think I am definitely going to have to make stop here on my next trip. I have walked by it several times, and just never stopped in.

Funcruiser56
03-10-2008, 04:11 PM
This is a must do on every trip to WDW! If were in the MK at lunch time then we always eat here. DH loves the chicken strips or the salad minus the feta cheese.
I really enjoy the ham/broccolislaw sandwich, a nice fresh sandwich made on delecious grainy bread. I have also seen alot of raves about their tuna sandwich also. Their fish is very good too.

We love the peace and quiet of the second floor, most people don't relize it is up there. We love to people watch from up there watching the crowds pass by outside while we are inside enjoying the coolness and a good meal.

Bev

Kairi_7378
03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
We ate at CHH during the Keys to the Kingdom Tour. It was our first time there. I thought that the half sandwich and soup combo was a great deal. The clam chowder is very good (I can't believe I am recommending people to eat chowder in 90 degree weather!) and the Lighthouse sandwich is an unusual and refreshing choice. I thought that these were better than the fish and chips (a little greasy, may have caught them on a bad day.)

Bri
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Harbour House is our fav CS in all of Disney. We eat there 2 or 3 times every trip. The tuna sandwich is really good.

TheMartellFamily
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I got fish and chicken for DS one time and he enoyed them very much. I am quite interested in eating there again and trying more. I can not wait.

bruin1344
03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Good fish and clam chowder, i am from Boston so i am picky about good seafood

GrmGrninGost
03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
We eat at Columbia Harbour House fairly regularly and I've not had a bad meal there! On the other hand, my favorite CS is Cosmic Rays. I love the Sonny Eclipse show, and the wide selection of food! Have you tried there? Either is excellent! :mickey:

Genie1953
03-10-2008, 11:29 PM
We loved Columbia Harbor House....great fish....and everyone is oh so right about eating upstairs....much quieter and away from the hub-bub! Don't miss eating at this great counter service restaurant.....you will NOT be sorry! :thumbsup:

Mickey 101
03-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Another enthusiastic vote for CHH, upstairs seating and the Starboard Deck (ham and broccoli slaw) sandwich. We love this place. It's our favorite CS at MK and replaced our old tradition of Cosmic Ray's.

CaptSmee
03-10-2008, 11:37 PM
We always eat once at Columbia Harbour House during out stay! Love it! :tasty:

lightyearfan
03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
we ate at Columbia Harbor House for the first time last June, we've always walked past it in previous trips eating at different CS locals, so we gave it shot and it was suprisingly good, the food is quite good for CS and the upstairs is nice and quiet, and very relaxable. on our upcoming trip we'll be going to Columbia Harbor House again.

Victor

Followthatmouse
03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
We only discovered the joys of the Harbor House a few visits ago.

We had arrived at the Magic Kingdom at the end of a long day of travel. We were more than a little jetlagged. Our tummies required fuel, so we ducked in to the first CS spot we came to. Yep, Harbor House. I can still recall what I ordered. Chowder. That chower was the perfect choice - tasty and comforting. We found a lovely, quiet corner upstairs. So, our jangled, jetlagged nerves found the perfect end to the day.

I hope you enjoy it.

TinkiTime1989
03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
The lighthouse sandwhich sounds really good, but what does the brocolli slaw taste like? Is it like coleslaw or different? What can it be compared to taste wise?