PDA

View Full Version : Help -1900 Park Faire or PSB Breakfast in Norway

kathiep
03-09-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm getting ready to make my ADR's any day now and I'm torn for our final selection. It's the meal for my 3 year old daughter. It will either be dinner at 1900 Park Faire or the PSB Breakfast in Norway.

She ate at CRT last year so it don't think it's a necessity to see Cinderella again but I've heard good things about the 1900 Park Faire dinner.

But, I'm beginning to wonder if she'd enjoy seeing the variety of princesses offered at Norway.

I could always squeeze both in but would like more information about both of these meals first.

We've never eaten at either so how's the food, atmosphere and character interaction?

wilshade
03-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I took 4 special needs guys to both the 1900 Park Faire dinner and the Princess Storybook Dinner at Norway in Epcot. We did NOT do the breakfast there, however. But, I will speak to what I observed.

At the dinner at Norway, everybody had to pose for a photo with Belle in her gold gown. Nothing bad about that, but then you had CMs coming around selling photo packages. We did not have to deal with that at 1900 Park Faire.

The Cinderella st 1900 Park Faire was the single best character portrayal I have experienced at WDW. The girl WAS Cinderella.

The food is elegant, and of a wide variety at Park faire.

The negative is that you are meeting Cinderella, the stepmother, step sisters and Prince Charming. Thats it. But the interactions are longer.

There are more princeses at Norway though. Ariel was a very close runner-up to Best Character Performance on our trip.

kakn7294
03-09-2008, 04:34 PM
If you were going for the food, it would be 1900 PF hands down. The food at 1900 PF is very good and served buffet style so you can pick and choose what you want. The food at PSB is typical breakfast food brought to the table family-style. They will bring you more of whatever you need. There was also a cold buffet with a limited selection of fresh fruit, breakfast rolls, and Norwegian cheeses and crackers (could have skipped those! :sick:) Our server at PSB was awesome and told us all about her native Norway and Christmas traditions. DH was sick the day we were at 1900 PF and while management fussed over him and sent him to sleep in the lobby of GF, the waitress charged us for a meal he never touched - not even a drop of something to drink. I had to ask to have those charges removed from our bill. As far as cost, PSB is a bit cheaper than 1900 PF. The characters were great at both and it all depends on who you get on what day as to how your experience will be. We were celebrating my DD's birthday at 1900 PF and while the characters were good with her, none of them acknowledged it (1900 PF brings young girls a Birthday Princess crown and she had that on). At PSB, Aurora was wonderful with 3 yo nephew who didn't want to see the Princesses - she managed to coax him out from under the table for a candid photo and even snuck in a kiss but the other Princesses basically ignored him. Both restaurants are very busy and crowded no matter when you go. 1900 PF is decorated in a Victorian style and is light and bright. Akershus has a very castle-like look and is darker and dimmer. We did both on the same trip and since they both had a very different feel to them, it didn't seem like we were just repeating meals.

JCDarzi
03-09-2008, 11:46 PM
We visited the 1900 PF last September and enjoyed our dinner very much. The character interaction was great. We saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy & Perla the mice and the fairy godmother. I thought the character interaction was better at 1900 PF. Suzy and Perla took the time to draw out my very shy DD$ and dance with her. It made great video & pictures. Also, the lighting is brighter in the GF and as a result made better pictures for us.

The year before, we visited PSB at Epcot and liked it very much as well. We had breakfast rather than dinner. I enjoyed having the variety of princesses especially if you are collecting autographs and must see every princess. That can take up so much time. This way you can see many of them in one place. You can have a meal and visit with lots of princesses in the time it took us to wait in line at Toontown in MK to see 3 princesses. The only other sorta negative thing was that our breakfast was before the World Showcase opened so we took a long walk from the entrance to Akersheus and when breakfast was over, World Showcase still had not opened and we had to take a long walk back to Future World.

Have a great trip.