PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer or Bring From Home?

Hull-onian
03-09-2008, 09:23 AM
We only have a few weeks left. There will be one teenager and one tween going with us. Should we pack snacks from home and take em down in a carry on, or just order from Garden Grocer and have em delivered? What say you?
:thanks: :tiphat: in advance.

droopy d.
03-09-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't think you can carry on food in your carry-on because of security issues. We generally pack a few things in our luggage so we have room for anything we pick up at Disney and buy more snacks when we get there.

Mommy2boys
03-09-2008, 11:35 AM
depending on what you need. most things you can get at the resort. We got groceries delivered and I actually found it quite pricey and I definately could have purchased it all on the resort.

tkbk
03-09-2008, 01:03 PM
We used GReen Grocer the last time in June. We absolutly loved them! Previously we had used grocery stops with car servceis, then we have also cab'd it to walmart and this last time used GG. They were great! So friendly, promt and not very expensive IMHO. Check out their website and prices and decide for yourself. To me they were worth every penny!

P.S if you get any refrig'd stuff they keep it cold all the way to your room because they keep them in coolers until that point of delivery.

faline
03-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't think you can carry on food in your carry-on because of security issues.

Many food items can be carried on board in your carryon luggage. Most of the prohibitions are against liquids and gels or gel-like substances.

scottgr
03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I am trying to decide if I should use one of them. I have been looking at Garden Grocer. I might get few items that do fell like caring them. Thanks:mickey:

Hull-onian
03-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I decided to order from Garden Grocer after all. I purchased four cases of sport bottled water and four gallons of spring water and then I ordered plastic cups and snacky stuff for the kids. I think it is gonna work out fine. This is the first time ordering. :thanks: for all your input everybody. :tiphat:

Sharon1026
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Good luck with GG.

We live here in FL, so we just pack stuff in the car and take it with us. I hear good review from the GG, so it should work out well!

dolphinmickey9170
03-09-2008, 07:56 PM
We love Garden Grocer. I have already purchased my items for May. We are pepsi hounds, so we order that, plus milk, individual cereal cups, snack, juice among other things. This is a great service. Well worth every penny for us. We bring our DGD so we also order diapers so we don't have to carry those on the plane. Just a few in her diaper bag.

I just wish Garden Grocer was still a sponsor of Intercot, because we all give soooooo much business.....