PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill eating at the sushi bar counter

offwego
03-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Has anyone ever done this and if so what was it like? Could you do this with a group of three? If it's something I want to do should we mention it on our ADR? or just when we check in at the podium.

We have been before for regular seating areas but were thinking of doing a mostly flat bread and sushi meal and thought this might be a lot of fun.

thanks!

Natazu
03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
We have. It was a blast, a little smelly at times, though. Yoshi is the greatest; she jokes and shows off, yells at the servers from time to time (jokingly), and hands out samples. I think there's room for 4 people and another two at the chef's counter. Just let the hostess know when you check-in at the podium. The best time to get a counter table is early 5 or 6... or late 9 or 9:30.
It's a great way to observe the show kitchen, almost as good as the chef's counter at Flying Fish.

Crow
03-09-2008, 06:40 AM
I almost did it this time. sorta wish I did, but my sushi & flatbread was great this time. I might sit at the counter when I go in Sept.

offwego
03-09-2008, 09:19 AM
It's a great way to observe the show kitchen, almost as good as the chef's counter at Flying Fish.

I almost did it this time. sorta wish I did, but my sushi & flatbread was great this time. I might sit at the counter when I go in Sept.

Thank you both!!