PDA

View Full Version : Photopass No-Print?

DreamFinder2
03-08-2008, 02:30 PM
If my DW and I have PhotoPass pics taken during our trip, I know we can pay to have prints made and sent to us, or we can pay for the CD.

My question, though...can we save pictures directly from the PhotoPass website? For use on computer desktops, etc? I'm not trying to "cheat" the system, but I honestly don't know that much about how Photopass works once we arrive home.

I'm assuming the answer is "no", but I don't know what Disney's position is.

Thanks!

BronxTigger
03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
You can't. The technology they use makes it so you can't just copy and paste the image from their site to your computer. Also, if you try to print, the image will not print.

DreamFinder2
03-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks! I've created a PhotoPass website account, etc...but since I don't have any pics yet, I really didn't know what you can/cannot do.

I'm kind of excited to try PhotoPass this trip. It was available during our trip two years ago, but we decided not to use it. I think this time we will. With only my DW and I, we can't easily take pictures of just the two of us. We end up with a lot of photos of HER in front of the castle, SSE, etc...

Thanks for the answer!

tinklover
03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
If you do the pre-trip purchase of the photopass cd then you can print and save your pics to your computer . along with the price of the cd you also recieve the copy write info so you may do those things.

Scrod
03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
We love the photopass. We made the book from last trip and got CD from a long trip (almost 200 photos). Plus our teenagers can go off and get their pics and all added in one account.

The photobook is awesome and felt like it was a good deal. You can add in Disney photos with your own, and upload photos from your own camera, although there is a limit to uploads (20 or 30 pics).

The only complaint is that the CD photos are only 300DPI, which makes them a little too grainy for anything above standard 3x5 size.