PDA

View Full Version : A doggie found us!

Tinkermom07
03-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Yesterday morning there was a little doggie in my yard. When we opened the door, he walked in and made himself at home. I gave him a bath, fed and watered him, and he follows me everywhere. It seems he came from a good home, you can tell he's been groomed and he has perfect manners and is well trained. I've called all of the shelters, listed him on the net, but no one has reported him missing yet. I intend to keep him until I find the owner, but if that doesn't pan out, we'll find him a home. I would love to keep him, he's such a good dog, but I already have 2 kids, a paralyzed incontinent dog in diapers, 2 cats, 4 birds and a turtle. (He's fitting in so well with everyone here I get the feeling that we're going to have another permanent addition tho, lol). I just thought I'd throw this up here in case anyone is missing their friend, or knows anyone missing one. I live in East Providence, Rhode Island.

MMouse6937
03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
That was nice of you to take him in. Do you all have microchips there? You can take him to any vet or shelter and they can scan him to see if he has a chip. It sounds like he's a nice addition to your family and you're doing all you can to find his owner, I would just hate for one of my girls to be missing. Good luck and bless you for what you're doing. Take care!

Tinkermom
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Good luck with the doggie!

I just wanted to welcome another Tinkermom on board! :party: I have been the only one (that I know of) for 8 years. :mickey:

Welcome to Intercot!

wwgirl
03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
What a loving heart you have to take in the little furry one, I hope his family comes to get him but in the meantime it's wonderful that he's being loved by a family like yours. best of luck with a resolution to this.

Tink2002
03-08-2008, 05:05 PM
I also thought of the microchip, our dog has one, and I would think most vets would have scanners. If there's one near you that does, I would bring the little guy in to see if you could figure out who may be missing him that way.

Marilyn Michetti
03-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Someone put our beautiful Chow, Cody on a sidewalk on a busy street, and drove away. She was no more than four weeks old. I found her, and decided to find her a home. Six years later, (in two weeks), I think maybe we'll keep her. She's the love of our lives.

I totally believe the best relationships are when the dog finds it's owner.:paw::paw:

Tinkermom07
03-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Well, surprisingly enough, there has been no responses over the weekend, and no notices of lost dogs. I will be trying the vet to check for a chip tomorrow. I'm starting to think that he was dumped, many people are abandoning animals due to the foreclosure issues nowadays. Around here, there would be posters up in a heartbeat. Thanks for all the good wishes, I'll keep you posted, and a big "HI!" to the original Tinkermom, thanks for the welcome!

Stitchahula
03-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I think it's great that the pup managed to find his way to someone who is taking such good care of him. I know you say it's only for the time being my vet said the same thing about her 3rd dog, she was only going to foster her. She decided that there was a reason why this dog found her out of everyone maybe this holds true to your new friend too. If not I hope he goes to a loving home maybe let your vet know that if you can't find the owner they can help find a home for him. I know from my vet that after people have had to say goodbye to their pups after a mourning period they come back to her to ask if she knows of any dogs needing a good home. Good luck with everything.