PDA

View Full Version : POFQ - Where to stay?

disnyfan4ever
03-08-2008, 01:16 PM
We have only stayed at ASM in the past. We decided to upgrade to POFQ this trip. Have we made a good decision? I know the resort is smaller but what is the best building/room to stay in? We have upgraded to a preferred room.

Thanks in advance for helping me pass the time until we go!:mickey:

pogo
03-08-2008, 01:25 PM
There isn't a bad building to stay in at POFQ. Everythnig is within 2 to 3 minute walking distance.

If you want quiet, request building 7. If you want to be close to the pool and the action... building 3,4,0r 5.

Enjoy your trip and :welcome: to Intercot ! :D

ibrowse17
03-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, you made a great resort choice! POFQ is a wonderful resort with a great theme. We stayed in building 6, and really enjoyed it. It was close enough to the main building and bus stop, but very quiet.:thumbsup:

RoosMomKanga
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't think there's a bad building there...ask for a water view room.

tadshome
03-08-2008, 04:54 PM
:welcome::rocks:
I just wanted to thank you for asking this question,I was going to do it myself as I am in the early planning stages for 2009 and had only today decided on POFQ!

#1Dduckfan
03-08-2008, 07:50 PM
We absolutely love POFQ. We have stayed there twice and each time is was a lot of fun. There are many benefits to staying there. The resort is quiet and not too large. There is a boat that will take you to Downtown Disney which I love. It's also the first stop for the bus for pick up and drop off (POFQ and POR share a bus). The last time we were there we were in building 5 and it was perfect. We were right next door to the food court, so we definitely got a lot of use out of our refillable mugs.

KevMcNJ
03-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Im kinda piggy-backing on someone elses thread here, but we're lookingat POFQ for our next visit.

We stayed @ All Star Music in January and loved it, but want a little more room

One thing we liked there was we were in Bldg 6 and our room was facing woods. NO foot traffic at all.

We want quiet so bldg 7 sounds good, but is there any bldgs @ POFQ that are facing the woods?

eeyoremom
03-09-2008, 09:50 AM
POFQ is wonderful. The size makes it much easier to get around, plus it's set up like streets, so no winding paths between buildings to get lost on. I don't think foot trafic is ever a problem. There's not really a lot of woods, but there is the river. I don't really think there are preferred rooms, only water view. There is no need for rooms that are close to the food court. We were in the farthest building, facing the outside parking, in January. This was still only a five minute walk. I have knee problems and this was still just fine. You can't go wrong at POFQ. Have fun

CleveRocks
03-09-2008, 11:11 AM
POFQ doesn't have "preferred" as a room category. The only 2 possible upgrades are water view and king-size bed.

As everyone else said, it's such a pleasantly small resort that room location truly doesn't matter.

But for what it's worth ...

If you paid for a water view room, then you are guaranteed NOT to get a room in Buildings 3 or 4, the buildings closest to the food court. All the other buildings have some room with a river view, and Buildings 2 and 5 have lots of rooms with a pool view.

Before I saw POFQ, I too was very concerned about requesting just the right location. Oncew you get to know POFQ, however, you too will realize that it truly doesn't matter at this resort.

Dyanna
03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
We stayed at POFQ back in Oct of 2007. Our room was only 8 doors away from the food court. We never heard any noise from the outside. We did take a walk around the entire hotel complex & let me tell you there is not a bad room location from any building to get to the food court or bus stop. Plan on staying there again next time we go.

moe513
03-11-2008, 10:12 AM
We stayed in #5 and it was nice. I wouldnt worry too much as everyone has said before me, every building is nice.

kakn7294
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
We stayed in building 4 twice and it's great. Our first time, we literally walked out the door, across the courtyard, and onto the buses. Same with the food court - it was half a building length away and the pool was just around the back of the building. We could also see some of the fireworks from Illuminations over the treetops. The second time, we were just a little farther down and around the corner but it was still so close to everything. Like others have said, there isn't a bad building there.

like2workout
03-11-2008, 02:03 PM
you will love everything about pofq!!!

wilshade
03-11-2008, 02:19 PM
This thread came at the perfect time for me. I just made my reservations for December and went ahead and booked POFQ.

I decided to let fate take its course and just asked for a standard room. We'll see what happens!

WriteDisney
03-11-2008, 02:34 PM
:welcome::rocks:
I just wanted to thank you for asking this question,I was going to do it myself as I am in the early planning stages for 2009 and had only today decided on POFQ!

Same here! Planning ahead for a September trip and have requested a water view room. Thanks and welcome!

CleveRocks
03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Planning ahead for a September trip and have requested a water view room.
Just want to make sure you don't get disappointed ...

Did you request or reserve a water view room? Big difference. A request is just a request, but a reservation is a guarantee.

DisneyCouple07
03-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Just following up on everyone else's wonderful comments—you cannot go wrong with POFQ. We have stayed in building 3, 4 and 7 and loved all of them. They are all great and close to everything.

Have a great trip, and make sure you say hello to Ethel at the food court—she's the greatest. :mickey: