PDA

View Full Version : Just Back And here Are My Dining Opinions!

jakeybake
03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi,

Just back from a week long conference. I stayed at the Grand Floridian and was lucky enough to have all expenses paid. I made it a point to eat at places I hadn't eaten in the past. Here is the list and what I thought of each. Also, happy to answer any questions anyone has.

1. Spoodles - Excellent meal (Beef Kabobs) and the service was exceptional. Loved that the place was lively and fun.

2. Blue Zoo - Very cool place, excellent service and the food was the best I have had at WDW. I had the Filet Mignon. Not only was the meal incredible but the presentation was amazing. Had the Velvet Chocolate Cake for dessert. I have been dreaming of it ever since!!

3. Grand Floridian Cafe (Breakfast) - Elegant atmosphere (sat by the window overlooking the pool area) and the food and service were both excellent. Had pancakes and a fruit place appetizer. A very relaxed and comfortable place to dine.

4. Beaches And Cream - Had lunch here. Burger, fries and a mint chocolate chip cone to finish it off. Everything was fantastic. The burger was the best I have ever had in WDW. The service was great (same waitress, Dee, that my family and I had when we stayed at the Beach Club in August) and the atmosphere was upbeat and fun. 30 minute wait around 3:30 or so in the afternoon.

5. ESPN Club - A sports fans dream! I had the hot fingers, a basket of fries and couple of adult barley malt beverages! Everything was great, though the service was slow, which was surprising since it was almost empty when I was there (around 6:00 on Monday evening).

That's it off of the top of my head. Since I was there for a confrence I was fed most of the time so I had little need to eat anywhere else.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions about any of these places.

Jay

January-2007
03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

ibrowse17
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Glad you had a nice time. We love Beaches and Cream as well:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Glad to hear you like Blue Zoo. My DH and I have been wanting to try it.

teambricker04
03-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks!

Blue Zoo? Where is that... I haven't heard of it.

I can't wait to try Beaches'n'Cream... NUMMY!

wilshade
03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Bluezoo is in the Dolphin. And, I agree it is a very nice place!

Ask about the "Simply Fish" on the menu. The fish change all the time and they can be fairly exotic. They had "opah" when I was there, and if I had not seen the Iron Chef episode which used opah, I would never have guessed what it was. (It's a HUGE fish that kind of loks like a giant angel fish) They have several sauces you can choose from to go with it as well.

One of the best restaurants I have experienced at Disney.

Hull-onian
03-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Glad you had a great time and you missed some awful cold weather. Welcome home!!:thumbsup:

Duchess99
03-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks for sharing!
I've been wanting to try Blue Zoo...glad to hear the good review :eat:

MOJoe
03-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks for reaffirming my opinions! We enjoyed Spoodles and Really Enjoyed Blue Zoo last year. Hope to get to Beaches n Cream this April. Thanks for the post.

By the way. Did you try any of the cocktails at Blue Zoo?

BriarRose0708
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Everything sounds delicious! :thumbsup: