PDA

View Full Version : SORRY, but I have to ask

Patty
03-08-2008, 10:27 AM
I am so sorry to bring this up, but for piece of mind I need to ask. I know that I am a little of a paranoid person about this, but I have a phobia about staying in hotels now because of the "bed bug problem" that seems to be re-emerging! I know I can not live the rest of my life afraid to go on vacation because of these little critters, but the thought of having to deal with them, and the chance of them hitching a ride home with us, to invade (and be so hard to get rid of) honestly makes me, well lets just say a little un-easy! I know from what I have read Disney supposibly has "bug experts" on staff, but does anyone know if, or how often they actually check there rooms for things like this? I know it is pretty much "buyer beware" anywhere you go, but is there any kind of extra attention on this matter?

thumperbug
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't be sorry to ask...I do not know how often mattresses are changed but I can tell you that I have stayed at WDW hotels on all of my 10+ trips and never had any kind of critter problem either in the bedding or the rooms themselves.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I hate hearing all of the reports about bed bugs these days...one of the last things we need!

I've never had a problem with any bugs at all at Disney, in fact I often comment to DH that there are less bugs than at home!

In every hotel, I do check between the mattresses for any signs of anything gross, just in case, but I've never had a serious issue!

johnO
03-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Not very appealing to think of all of the potentially "less than clean" people who may have slept in the bed prior to you, but the hotels have always been very clean. Maybe you can pack your own bedding.

AHOTE
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
I've never had an experience at any Disney resort with bugs of any type but that's not to say they're not there. The worst I've ever encountered at SSR was a dirty, worn & frayed carpet, and I'm still waiting a reply from pictures I sent to Disney. You can try a site I've used for trips to destinations to resorts and hotels called tripadvisor.com. (I have never used it to review a Disney resort.) You can get reviews on hotels and guest opinions relating to specific concerns. There's also a site called bedbugger.com, honest no kidding, that can help answer your questions. I just found this on a web search, it's worth reading. A lot of what they tell you you can do I already do but not because of bedbugs. Hope this will help you.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 02:29 PM
I always check the sheets and bed at every hotel I stay in. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to hotels. That being said I have never experienced a problem at a Disney resort.:thumbsup:

WhiteRose1
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
My Aunt has OCD (Germs) and will not stay in 99.9% hotels or rented summer homes, but she stays in Disney.

'Nuf Said.

JMTStone
03-11-2008, 07:10 PM
I travel a lot for work. I got Green Tea Tree Oil in a bitty spray bottle. It goes on the pillow and sheets. Apparently, buggers HATE it. I also spray my suitcase before I come home. I've heard differing opinions but I say better safe than sorry.... I travel to hotels that are NOT as clean as DW.