PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at PO Riverside

Colorado-Dad
03-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I've been reading a lot of bad reviews on the condition of the rooms at PO Riverside on TripAdvisor. We're staying there for three nights in April and these reviews are making me a little nervous. I'd be interested in knowing if these are isolated cases of people who "can't be pleased", or is this resort in real need of refurbishment?

Should I consider moving to CSR..., thoughts?

Thanks much!

aurorafan
03-07-2008, 10:43 PM
We were there in Oct. '07 and a couple of weeks ago and found them to be very nice, clean, no problems :thumbsup:. We love this resort and would go back in Dec. if it weren't for the Pop Warner crowds ;).

wolfhog
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
We were there in January - 3 rooms and everything was fine. You should have no problem - enjoy your trip.

ncscgirl2005
03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I too AlMOST let Trip Advisor's reviews talk me out of staying at POR. I am so glad that I did not listen. Our room was fine. We didnt even spend enough time in our room to even look for anything to complain about. I say book the POR. YOu won't be disappointed.

TexasPrincessAurora
03-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Stayed there in January 2007 for a week...very nice rooms. Very were very pleased with the rooms and the atmosphere at the resort. Definitely would recommend it!

GrmGrninGost
03-08-2008, 12:19 AM
We were there for 8 nights in Sept. 07. No problems for us! We really enjoyed our time there! It is such a beautiful place! :mickey:

beckylovestink
03-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I have stayed there and CBR...there is no comparision. POR is like a deluxe resort for the price of a moderate. It was beautiful, relaxing and clean. I think they are just a few upset people. If you come in contact with an issue..contact the manager and I am sure they will go out of their way to accomdate you!

Kairi_7378
03-08-2008, 10:00 AM
POR is a beautiful resort. I've only stayed in the AB section of POR and I thought that the room was fine. The decor is a little dark, but that is part of the theming. I think you will read Mousekeeping horror stories about every resort on property but for every bad experience there are always 10 other good ones to read about. I don't think people go to tripadvisor to report good things, only problems, so reviews tend to be a bit on the negative side. Unless you are more intrigued about the CSR theming than the POR theming, I would not switch your reservation.

ibrowse17
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
We stayed at POFQ in Dec, and POR in Feb and had no problems with our room at either resort. We found both to have a nice theme and to be very well kept.:thumbsup:

khkymanager
03-08-2008, 05:33 PM
:cloud9::cloud9:We have been staying at POR since it was Dixie Landings my family wouldn't stay anywhere else until we bought into the DVC. We were just at the World in Feb. 08 and my adult children insisted we spend two nights at POR before we moved into our DVC at OKW. We have never been disappointed with the conditions of our accomodations at POR.

#1Dduckfan
03-08-2008, 07:47 PM
We had two rooms for a week in November of '07 at POR and we had no problems at all. Both rooms were very clean and we had the nicest housekeeping staff. We had towel animals every day, which is something that I have only encountered at POR.

Genie1953
03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
We have stayed at Port Orleans RS and it was great!....although it WAS over two years ago, but I know others who have stayed there more recently and no problems at all. We stayed at the Magnolia Bend portion of the resort. It was just beautiful!

E-OR
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
So glad to see these posts. We will be staying at POR for the first time in Sept. 08. We usually stay at POFQ but wanted to stay somewhere different this time. Can't wait.

E-OR
03-09-2008, 04:49 PM
So glad to see these posts. We will be staying at POR for the first time in Sept. 08. We usually stay at POFQ but wanted to stay somewhere different this time. Can't wait.

Dakota Rose
03-09-2008, 05:49 PM
I've stayed at POR 3 times and never once had a problem with my room. Everything was always clean and in-tact. :) Enjoy your trip!

Genie1953
03-10-2008, 09:04 PM
When we stayed at Port Orleans RS 2 years ago we heard all about the Beignets at FQ so one morning we decided to walk to FQ for breakfast...maybe 5 minutes away...no more than 10 minutes tops. What a nice stroll that was and then the beignets were to die for! SUCH an enjoyable morning. :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
We just stayed @ POR Nov '07 and our room was very clean. We loved the resort and had a great stay.

That being said, we've also stayed at CSR, and prefer it to POR. So, I'd say if you do switch, I think you'll be happy!

#1donaldfan
03-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I don't know what tripadivsor is but they are very, very wrong.......where do some of the people / places get their info ???????? We have NEVER had bad room or time there........go there, you'll love it !!!! :mickey:

terri110874
03-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I just got back from a stay at POR ( Feb 28-MArch 4), we had room 3636. I found it to be very a clean resort. The room I had was in south part of the resort, close to the quiet pool, laundry, and two bus stop ( middle of south and i think east). We like it here because of scenary, the carriage ride, the fishing and Boatwrights.
They do have a campfire/ smores outing ( cant think of the name of it)at the main pool on Thurs and Sun nights. Wanted to try but got caught up on staying at parks and missed it, think it cost around 7 per person.
The sereal (spelling) bikes were fun to go around the resort with.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mrs Grumpy
03-21-2008, 11:52 AM
I have a question on this resort. We are thinking about staying here in Sept. 09. If you request a room in the AB section are you likely to get it or is it like anything else it is not promised.

Also, it says the water view rooms and king rooms are a higher price. We are willing to pay the extra for the king room but will we either get that or a water view?

baby minnie's mommy
03-21-2008, 12:08 PM
We got a room with a broken air conditioner at Alligator Bayou. It was running, but had that sickly sweet smell and the room never got cool. We switched to another room in the wee hours of the morning, and the manager gave us a discount on our bill. The second room was fine.

So yes, it's possible to get a room with problems. But you just have to ask for another one. We learned to do a quick check of everything before settling in, no matter what resort.

sainter
03-21-2008, 05:40 PM
MrsGrumpy,
I don't think it is guaranteed, but I think you have a good chance at AB in Sept. We have always gotten it when requested during the off season.
As far as king/water view, I would choose which is more imortant to you and hope to get both! Also, at POR, waterview can be a view of the river OR of a pool. But you probably know that ...
Personally, I think unless you have a room actually facing aparking lot, and there really aren't that many of them, all the views are beautiful.
These rooms were all rehabbed 2 or 3 years ago. And the food court was brand new 1 year ago this month.

#1donaldfan
03-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Mrs Grumpy:

The water view rooms in our opinion are not worth the extra cost as who sits in their rooms, while at Disney, to look out over the water? Plus, most rooms that are "water view" are either facing the quiet pools or looking over a small area of water. (AB section only)
We love the rooms we normally get in the AB section....we've been so lucky for years to be close to the busses / quiet pools and the food..(either bldg 18 / 14).....
As for the getting your request, well they are just that, a request....but every year they honor our requests, so I imagine they try to accomodate all requests.......:mickey:

Mrs Grumpy
03-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess my question is if I pay for a King room am I guaranteed to get it. I don't care if we get water view or not just really want the king bed.

stitch and co
03-23-2008, 11:55 PM
I guess my question is if I pay for a King room am I guaranteed to get it. I don't care if we get water view or not just really want the king bed.

Since you would be paying for a king bed, you should be guaranteed to get a king bed. My parents paid for and got a room with a king bed no problem back in Feb 2005.

Now if you don't get a king bed and paid for it, then you need to speak to the manager and get the situation taken care of.

stitch and co
03-24-2008, 12:02 AM
I've been reading a lot of bad reviews on the condition of the rooms at PO Riverside on TripAdvisor. We're staying there for three nights in April and these reviews are making me a little nervous. I'd be interested in knowing if these are isolated cases of people who "can't be pleased", or is this resort in real need of refurbishment?

Don't be nervous. It is a beautiful resort and we find in very relaxing. We have stayed in Aligator Bayou Bldgs 14, 16, 26, & 27. Always had a clean room with no problems. One time my parents got a room with a broken A/C unit - went back to front desk and got another room no problem.

DCDisney
03-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I just stayed there 3 weeks ago. Stayed in a Mansion building, Partiere Place. It was just a short walk over a bridge, to the food court and levee (boat and bike rental spot, and boat launch to DTD). Everything was wonderful. Room request was mostly granted (we asked for a quiet room, away from pool, elevators, ice machines, etc. and in one of the Mansions). We even had a view into the courtyard with a nice little fountain. It was our 1st time at POR, and we think we liked it even more than POFQ. :thumbsup: