PDA

View Full Version : Birthday dinner for an 8 year old?

chicklittlemom
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM
:party: Would anyone have suggestions for a location for birthday dinner for DS who will be 8yo? Believe it or not, he says he doesn't want to go to WDW on his Bday! I need to come up with something that will turn him. Any ideas? :confused:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I can't believe it...he doesn't want to be at WDW for his birthday :confused:

DD, who will be turning 10 at WDW this May, chose Hoop Dee Doo for her birthday dinner, and we told her that she could pick anything in the whole place!

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 05:27 AM
I can't believe it...he doesn't want to be at WDW for his birthday :confused:

DD, who will be turning 10 at WDW this May, chose Hoop Dee Doo for her birthday dinner, and we told her that she could pick anything in the whole place!

That was my thought exactly when I first read the question!! WHAT??? Who wouldn't want to go to WDW--especially on their b-day!;)

My DS will be turning 10 in May as well. We are going there for his birthday too. (Well, really it is 11 days after his b-day, but that's as close as we could get with school schedule.) He wants to go to Sci-Fi for his b-day dinner.

Chicklittlemom, do you think any of the character meals or dinner shows would appeal to your DS.

chicklittlemom
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I know... I think I am going to check the hospital for a "switched at birth" situation. How could any child of mine not want to be at WDW for their Bdy? That is my dream come true :cloud9:
I think he does not want to miss his friends on his day, but we have assured him he can have a party before we leave. And, he says he wants to go to a "cabin" (we go to Tennessee alot) , so I'm thinking of booking WL. We got a discount card in the mail and of course the only week that works for us is during his Bday.

We did CRT and SciFi last time. He enjoyed them both (Aurora gave him a kiss at CRT and left a lipstick print. He was :-o) I wish WDW had more dinners geared towards boys. I've said for years they need something "Toy Story". Did they come up with one that I've missed?

I will probably post on another board and see what other neat things I could come up with for that day. Like seeing if I could arrange for him to meet with his favorite character or something. Thanks for any imput that would help me:thumbsup:

Tinksalot
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Depending on when you would be going, the Dinosaur Restaurant in Downtown Disney should be opening this fall.

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I was at work last night when I posted. (I didn't know you had already done Sci-Fi when I posted the first time.) Today I am sitting here with my 9 yo son. I told him about your question. I asked him (without reading any other responses to him), "What would you want to do?" He yelled out without hesitation--"HOOP-DEE-DOO-REVUE." I said, "Somebody already posted that suggestion." He said, "Well, say it again...it's worth another vote!" So that's the opinion of a 9 year old boy for you to consider in this thread!:mickey:

chicklittlemom
03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Dinosaur Restaurant? I guess I missed this one. He would probably like this. Anybody have any info or a link on this?

The other things that would be of interest to him would be: Star Wars or Mike & Sully. Any other ideas?

(I'm snowed in. Blizzard conditions. :ski: Way too much time on my hands right now! I'm dreaming of sun & sand)

NJ Camper
03-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't know if this will help but i did hear of a starwars weekend coming up but don't remember details this may or may not help but if he likes that it might work what other character does he like ?????? maybe a character meal would work and just do what ever he wants from parks to DTD just make it all about him and don't forget to say its his b day they usually make a big deal and sing etc. good luck :mickey:

Tinksalot
03-08-2008, 01:32 PM
I found information on the T-Rex restaurant on
www.wdwmagic.com/trex.htm

teambricker04
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I was just thinking... if you do the hoop dee doo, you can all go to the bon fire/sing a long/movie afterwards if you go to the earlier show. Or you could go and see the Electrical Water Pagent. Those would be fun ways to end the evening.

Good luck planning!

ltam16
03-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Try Whispering Canyon if he is into the cabin thing! It was a lot of fun!

I think at one of the resorts I'm not sure where maybe Port Orleans you can do fishing! He might like that.