PDA

View Full Version : Back from POP & SOG

Crow
03-07-2008, 09:17 PM
i arrived at POP 2/26 approx 10:30 after an early flight & ME transportation.
short wait for check in & the room was ready in the 50s area, overlooking the pool. my other stays had all been in the 50s areas, but the other buildings. it was only a short walk to the main building. this was a 3 night stay
bus was full to Epcot SRO that day
the food court was busy in mornings.
i did get a refillable mug w my DDE discount.
i had a $79+ tax rate.
Shades of Green I was in for 2 nights. id rate it a deluxe at a mod or value price. $111 based on my friends rank. nice size room on the first fl w patio. 2 sinks, 2 nice size beds. there is a $5 parking fee per day in the garage though.
didnt eat there other than room service pizza which came 10 or 15 min after calling so it was edible but not the greatest. Id stay there again if I could since its close to Poly & good price
the last night of my stay I was back at POP once again in the 50s area overlooking the lake & the unfinished buildings.

johnO
03-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Pop can be a mad house. I think that's one of the biggest drawbacks for us. I think the Buses are probably it's biggest draw. ASmu has the worst buses.

Crow
03-09-2008, 06:31 AM
the food court didnt bother me too much as I dont eat there too much. refill the mug & grab a pizza later in the night or muffin in am ( w DDE discount) the coffee is still horrible.
i also had a rental car most of the time except for the first day.
front desk printed my boarding pass for me.
Im booked there again w a bounceback discount in Sept for like $74 a night

Hull-onian
03-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds like you had a very nice stay. It's all good.:thumbsup:

Tink#64
03-10-2008, 11:58 PM
Crow, have you always requested the 50's section or has it been a coincidence?

We've stayed 3 x in the 60's section & we love the views of the lake & Spaceship Earth, but it's not the closest to everything even though it's a preferred location. We love Pop & plan to return there this year. I'm thinking about trying a new section just for something different. I think I'm leaning towards the 50's section! We often swim in the bowling pin pool becuase it's usually so quiet, although we love the Hippy Dippy pool! The 50's section looks like a great location, close to everything! Do you have a preference for a building in the 50's section? Views, walking distance, etc.

Thanks for your help! :mickey: